Usher Scraps Next Album
Usher, Noise11.com, photo

Usher

Usher Scraps Next Album

by Music-News.com on September 10, 2014

in News

Usher’s new album “isn’t scheduled anymore”.

The 35-year-old singer recently released two singles from his forthcoming LP, UR, including a track he cut with Nicki Minaj called She Came to Give It to You, but the star has now postponed his eighth studio offering, revealing he wants to fine-tune the music a bit more.

“The album isn’t scheduled anymore. I’ve basically taken it back. I’m taking my time with it,” he told Billboard. “At the end of the day, all of this is just about having fun. You get in the studio [and] go with how you feel.”

Usher is collaborating with hitmakers Diplo, Pharrell Williams, Ed Sheeran, Jermaine Dupri, Skrillex and Drake on songs for UR and he thinks the track he’s creating with fellow crooner Chris Brown is particularly exciting.

“There is another record that we worked on for the album. The relationship is great… we’ve been able to build,” Usher explained.

The star announced the tour dates for his The UR Experience Tour last week, after teasing fans with a one-minute video of himself preparing to take the stage and he believes concertgoers will walk away with their minds blown.

“The UR Experience is not typical and unexpected,” he told MTV News previously. “I will tell you, by the end of the night, you will have an experience that only you will remember. You know you’ve had those one concerts you went to in your childhood, there’s this moment in your life that you’re like, ‘Man, that concert – I just wish I could relive in that moment?’ That’s what I’m trying to create – that’s what I’m creating every single night.”

The 28-date UR Experience Tour will launch in Bell Centre, Montreal November 1. The trek continues through Canada and the US, wrapping in Tampa, Florida December 14.

more from music-news.com

Related Posts

Miami Horror supplied
Miami Horror, Sneaky Sound System and Bag Raiders to Headline Live at the Gardens 2025 in Melbourne

Melbourne’s Live at the Gardens series will hit euphoric heights this November with a triple-bill of Australian electronic heavyweights. Miami Horror, Sneaky Sound System and Bag Raiders will join forces for a one-night-only dancefloor celebration under the stars at the Royal Botanic Gardens on Saturday, 29 November 2025.

2 days ago
Salt N Pepa Facebook profile
Salt-N-Pepa Double Down: “Time to Fight for Our Rights” in Copyright Clash with Universal

Salt-N-Pepa are, taking on Universal Music Group in a battle over copyright ownership that could reshape how legacy artists control their music. Cheryl “Salt” James and Sandra “Pepa” Denton launched their lawsuit earlier this year, accusing Universal of unlawfully blocking their attempts to exercise termination rights, provisions in U.S. copyright law that allow artists to reclaim their work 35 years after handing it over in early contracts. Salt-N-Pepa say they followed every legal step, yet Universal refused their claim.

3 days ago
Missy Elliott, music news, noise11.com
Missy Elliott Averts Copyright Trial at the Last Minute in Pennsylvania Federal Court

In a dramatic turn, rapper, songwriter, and trailblazing producer Missy Elliott narrowly avoided heading to trial in a long-running copyright dispute, reportedly settling the case mere minutes before a jury was due to be selected in a Pennsylvania federal courtroom.

4 days ago
Rai Thistlethwayte The Fabulous Caprettos by Mary Boukouvalas
Sammy Hagar’s New Live Album Features Rai Thistlethwayte of Thirsty Merc

Sammy Hagar has always had a reputation for surrounding himself with powerhouse players, but his upcoming live album, Sammy Hagar & The Best Of All Worlds Band – The Residency (out October 10, 2025 via Big Machine Rock), brings a distinctly Australian twist. On keyboards, vocals and guitar is Rai Thistlethwayte, best known at home for fronting Thirsty Merc and more recently as a member of The Fabulous Caprettos. For Australian fans, the inclusion of Thistlethwayte in Hagar’s latest chapter is a striking reminder of how far the Sydney-born musician’s career has travelled.

5 days ago
Ugly Kid Joe Menace To Sobriety
Ugly Kid Joe Celebrate 30 Years of Menace To Sobriety With Deluxe Vinyl Reissue

In 1995, Ugly Kid Joe released Menace To Sobriety, their second full-length album. A heavier, darker, and more muscular outing than their blockbuster debut America’s Least Wanted, Menace was hailed by Kerrang! as “the album of the year.” Yet, in the United States, the record received little to no label support, leaving frontman Whitfield Crane to famously declare that their label was quietly backing away.

August 22, 2025
Five
Five Are Back – Keep On Movin’ 2026 Tour Set to Ignite Australia and NZ

After a 25-year hiatus, one of the UK’s most adored pop-rocket launches—Five—are back in full force. Sean, Ritchie, Scott, Abz and J Brown will reunite for the Keep On Movin’ 2026 Tour, roaring into Perth, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne—and even Auckland—next May.

August 22, 2025
Ed Kuepper and Jim White
Ed Kuepper and Jim White Announce First U.S. Shows With Mick Harvey

Ed Kuepper, twice inducted into the ARIA Hall of Fame as a founding member of both The Saints and Laughing Clowns, will finally bring his acclaimed collaboration with Dirty Three drummer Jim White to the United States for the first time this November. The pair will perform in Los Angeles on November 4 and New York on November 17, with support from none other than Mick Harvey of The Birthday Party and The Bad Seeds.

August 21, 2025