“Say You Won’t Let Go” for James Arthur is atop the ARIA Singles Chart for a fourth straight week, becoming the equal fourth longest run at No.1 for 2016 (“Love Yourself” by Justin Bieber also spent the first four weeks of the year at the top).
The top six songs from last week are all on hold for this week, with half of the tracks picking up new or first-time certifications too. “Starboy” for The Weeknd holds at No.2 for the fourth week and is now ▲Platinum, the longest running No.1 for 2016 “Closer” by The Chainsmokers and Halsey, is at No.3, upcoming visitors to our shore (late next week) and current UK #1 single holders for a third week in Little Mix spend a second week at their peak here of No.4 with “Shout out to My Ex”, which after three weeks is certified Gold (●), Calum Scott stays “Dancing on My Own” at No.5 for another week and is now 2x▲Platinum, and Hailee Steinfeld keeps “Starving” at No.6 with Grey and Zedd.
Moving back up two places to No.7 are Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj with “Side to Side” (still Ariana’s longest running Top 10 in Australia), and back down one spot to No.8 is the new Bruno Mars track “24K Magic” to No.8. Grabbing their ninth Top 10 single in Australia are Maroon 5 with “Don’t Wanna Know” climbing two spots to land at a new peak of No.9, the band last appeared in our Top 10 in March 2015 when “Sugar” climbed to No.6 for three weeks. Featured rapper on the M5 track Kendrick Lamar also grabs his third Australian Top 10 appearance (all of which have been as the guest artist), and his second entry to the ten was on the Sia track “The Greatest”, which is down two places this week to No.10.
* The Mack – Nevada feat Mark Morrison and Fetty Wap climbs from No.20 to a new chart heights of No.11 in its third week on the chart.
* My Way – Calvin Harris is stable at No.13 and is newly ▲Platinum in sales.
* Mercy – Shawn Mendes is also stable at No.15 even after his X-Factor performance and tour here this past week.
* Catch 22 – Illy feat Anne-Marie is up three spots to a new peak of No.16
* Fake Love – Drake jumps up twenty-two places to land at No.18 becoming his fourth Top 20 hit in 2016.
* Sexual – NEIKED feat Dyo is up twelve spots to a new chart height of No.21.
* Treat You Better – Shawn Mendes is back up four spots to No.24 thanks to his visit also.
* Can’t Stop the Feeling! – Justin Timberlake is stable at No.30 and now 4x▲Platinum.
* Capsize – Frenship feat Emily Warren jumps into the Top 40, up eight to a new peak of No.38.
* Cool Girl – Tove Lo is back up five to No.40 thanks to her second album debuting at No.21.
* Juju on the Beat (TZ Anthem) – Zay & Zalon is up six to a new peak of No.41.
* Call on Me – Starley is spending its first week in the Top 50, up sixteen places to No.45.
* Trust Nobody – Cashmere Cat feat Selena Gomez & Tory Lanez is up eleven to a new peak of No.46, the first Top 50 appearance for both Cashmere and Tory.
* Fresh Eyes – Andy Grammer spends its second week within the Top 50, up three to a new chart height of No.47.
* Million Reasons – Lady Gaga scrambles back up thirteen places to No.52.
* Sneakin’ – Drake feat 21 Savage also climbs this week, up 19 spots to No.62.
* I Took a Pill in Ibiza – Mike Posner turns around and is back up six places to No.67.
* High & Low – Empire of the Sun returns to the Top 100 at No.68 thanks to TV car advertising and their third album entering the chart within the Top 10.
* Perfect Illusion – Lady Gaga is also back up this week, up thirteen places to No.73.
* The Sound of Silence – Disturbed is back up five to No.84 ahead of the visit to our shores (and X-Factor appearance).
* Stitches – Shawn Mendes returns to the hundred at No.90 thanks also to his visit here.
* Love$ick – Mura Masa feat A$AP Rocky is back in the chart at a new peak of No.95 (former #100)
* All We Know – The Chainsmokers feat Phoebe Ryan (HP-8, WI10-3) is down two to No.12.
* Ain’t My Fault – Zara Larsson is back down three to No.20 after peaking at No.17 last week.
* This Town – Niall Horan drops six to No.22 and is newly certified Gold (●) in sales.
* Perfect Strangers – Jonas Blue is down one to No.23 and is now 2x▲Platinum.
* Heathens – twenty one pilots drops down five to No.26.
* Say it – Flume feat Tove Lo is back down six to No.33 after its remixes sales burst last week.
* One Dance – Drake feat Wizkid & Kyla is newly certified 5x▲Platinum in sales
* Let Me Hold You (Turn Me on) – Cheat Codes feat Dante Klein is back down four to No.42 after peaking at No.38 last week.
* Too Good – Drake feat Rihanna plummets this week, down thirteen places to land at No.49.
* We Don’t Talk Anymore – Charlie Puth and Selena Gomez; with one Selena featured track going into the Top 50, her older one drops down twelve to No.54.
* This Girl – Kungs feat Cookin’ on 3 Burners is down nine to No.57.
* Still Falling for You – Ellie Goulding drops down eleven to No.65.
* That’s My Girl – Fifth Harmony doesn’t seem to be able to beat its No.54 peak and is down nine this week to No.69.
* Wake Me up – Jessica Mauboy tumbles twenty-seven places this week to No.71.
* Waves – Dean Lewis is a local singer/songwriter and he is down fifteen to No.78 after debuting last week at No.63.
* Panda – Desiigner falls eleven to No.89.
* Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran is still the oldest charting single this week, down two to No.92 in its 108th week within the hundred.
* Faded – Alan Walker is down six to No.97 and the last certified track within the hundred, now 4x▲Platinum in sales.
* Me Too – Meghan Trainor is down fifteen places to No.99.
* #29 – Set in Stone – Guy Sebastian is the second entry this year for the current X-Factor judge, following on from “Candle” (HP-59, Sept 2016), and is his 24th Top 50 entry and 27th Top 100 entry
* #48 – Human – Rag’N’Bone Man is currently No.1 in Austria (5th wk) and Belgium (2nd wk) and No.2 in Germany and is the debut single for UK singer Rory Graham.
* #51 – By Your Side – Jonas Blue feat Raye is the UK producers third entry for 2016, with his two previous entries being “Perfect Strangers” (TW-23) and “Fast Car” (fell out of Top 100 this week, but peaked at No.1 in February).
* #87 – After the Afterparty – Charli XCX feat Lil’ Yachty is the first single from her forthcoming third album XCX (no date known yet), and it becomes her seventh Top 100 entry (five lead, two as the guest act).
* #93 – Rockabye – Clean Bandit feat Sean Paul & Anne-Marie just jumped up to No.3 in the UK this week and becomes the duo’s third Top 100 entry in Australia.
* #96 – You Gotta Not – Little Mix is the second entry from the girls’ fourth forthcoming album “Glory Days” (due Nov 18th) after the current No.4 single “Shout Out to My Ex”.
* #100 – I Got You – Bebe Rexha is the first release from her forthcoming 2017 due debut album “A.Y.F.” and this becomes her seventh Top 100 entry here.
Gavin Ryan reports with thanks to Australian-Charts.com.