Is Liam Gallagher Channelling or Ripping Off John Lennon? - Noise11.com
Liam Gallagher, Beady Eye, Photo By Ros O'Gorman

Liam Gallagher, Beady Eye, Photo By Ros O'Gorman

Is Liam Gallagher Channelling or Ripping Off John Lennon?

by Paul Cashmere on August 11, 2017

Liam Gallagher’s new song ‘For What Its Worth’ is the most Lennonish song the former Oasis member has ever recorded.

Oasis made their fame and fortune by using Beatles ingredients on their albums but for what its worth ‘For What Its Worth’ blurs the lines between the meaning of the words ‘tribute’ and ‘Rip-off’.

From the first new seconds the song is 100% Lennon and it doesn’t let up. However, the title of the song was pinched the Buffalo Springfield 1967 classic written by Stephen Stills.

Liam Gallagher – For What Its Worth

‘For What Its Worth’ will be on Liam’s debut solo album ‘As Your Were’ due 6 October 2017.

As You Were tracklisting

I’ve All I Need

Deluxe edition bonus tracks:

Doesn’t Have To Be That Way
All My People/All Mankind
I Never Wanna Be Like You
Eh La

Liam Gallagher plays all instruments on the album. The album was produced by Greg Kurstin (Adele, Pink) and Dan Grech-Marguerat (Lana Del Rey, The Howling Bells).

Comments

comments

My Friend The Chocolate Cake perform at the Recital Centre in Melbourne on 16 June 2017. Photo by Ros OGorman
My Friend The Chocolate Cake Play Their Last Ever Melbourne Show

David Bridie is right about one thing. Matthew Guy should never be elected. But I digress. My Friend The Chocolate Cake have given their last ever Melbourne show.

Wu-Tang Clan, music news, noise11.com
Wu-Tang Clan To Play Sydney Only

Wu-Tang Clan will perform their only Australian shows in Sydney in December.

Michelle Williams
Destiny’s Child Singer Michelle Williams Checks Into Mental Health Facility

Destiny's Child singer Michelle Williams has checked herself in to a mental health facility in an effort to get help for depression.

Steve Balbi and Mi-Sex- Photo Ros OGorman2012-10-05
The Music Of AC/DC To Be Orchestrated For Let There Be Rock

AC/DC classics will be given a complete make-over by the Australian Symphony Orchestra.

Bruce Dickinson, Iron Maiden, Photo Ros O'Gorman
Bruce Dickinson Is Planning A Spoken Word Tour of Australia

Iron Maiden singer Bruce Dickinson will head to Australia in October for a spoken word tour to talk up his autobiography ‘What Does This Button Do?’.

Paul Simon, Rod Laver Arena, 2013, Ros O'Gorman, Photo
Paul Simon Plays British Summer Hyde Park 2018 Show

After six amazing days of music spanning from pop megastars in Bruno Mars to rock royalty The Cure, the final show of this year’s British Summer Time Hyde Park was headlined by the great Paul Simon - performing the farewell date of his last tour, ‘The Farewell Performance' (outside of North America).

Alice Cooper Live At The Olympia
Alice Cooper Has A New Live Album Coming

Alice Cooper will release a live album recorded in Paris as apart of his Paranormal tour of 2017.