Kylie Minogue has reportedly signed up to perform at next year’s Glastonbury festival.
According to The Sun newspaper, the 50-year-old singer has agreed to perform in the Legends slot on Sunday afternoon at the legendary British music event.
The claims come 13 years after Kylie was forced to pull out of a scheduled performance at the festival due to her breast cancer battle.
“Kylie had to pull out of Glastonbury in 2005 just a month before she was due to appear so this performance will be a very emotional and poignant moment for her,” a source told the publication. “She jumped at the opportunity to appear next year and it is the perfect way to celebrate her career.”
Kylie was replaced by dance music stars Basement Jaxx at the 2005 festival. She appeared at Glastonbury as a special guest with the Scissor Sisters in 2010, but previously told the Press Association she was keen to headline the festival in the future.
“When I was supposed to do it I think I would have been the first solo female to headline in however many years it was, so I was really proud of that at that time,” she said. “Obviously it didn’t happen. So yes, it would be amazing and very emotional to be standing there and doing what I didn’t get to do all those years ago, for sure.”
She added in the interview earlier this year (18) that she believes she’s now in a better position to perform at Glastonbury because she’s had more experience doing outdoor shows.
Kylie underwent surgery and chemotherapy in 2005 and was declared cancer-free in early 2006.