Morrissey Responds Out of Context Kevin Spacey and Trump Comments - Noise11.com
Morrissey Vauxhall and I

Morrissey Vauxhall and I

Morrissey Responds Out of Context Kevin Spacey and Trump Comments

by Paul Cashmere on December 12, 2017

Morrissey has slammed back at German newspaper Der Spielgel for what he claims were his comments taken completely out of context.

In the article Morrissey is reported to have come to the defence shamed sexual abusers Kevin Spacey and also said he wanted to kill vermin Trump.

Morrissey has denied the quotes and is demanding the full, unedited version of the interview be released.

His new statement says, “A few weeks ago I foolishly allowed Germany’s Der Spiegel into my life. Since they eagerly flew from beloved Berlin to beloved Los Angeles in order to talk and laugh, I assumed a common understanding.”

As to what was published he says, “Would I kill Donald Trump? No, never. Would I support Kevin Spacey’s private proclivities? No, never. Would I ever support abuse of children? No, never. Would I support sexual harassment? No, never. Would I support rape? No, never. Would Der Spiegel convey my views fairly? No, never. Would I ever again speak to print media? No, never.”

Morrissey wants his fans to hear the “unchopped, un-fiddled-with audio” of the interview. Der Spiegel have refused with Morrissey coming to the conclusion “Let that alone be your answer”.

Comments

comments

Peter Garrett Midnight Oil 6 November 2017. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Midnight Oil debut ‘Tarkine’, their first new song since 2002

Midnight Oil have debuted their first song since 2002 at their warm-up show in Wollongong on Thursday night.

Don Felder American Rock N Roll
Don Felder’s ‘American Rock ‘N’ Roll’ Album Cover features the art of Bernie Taupin.

I had a simple question for former Eagles guitarist Don Felder. “The Bernie Taupin credited with the artwork on your new album. Is that THE Bernie Taupin?” “That’s the only Bernie Taupin I know,” Felder answered laughing.

Dalicados
Over 100 Years of Combined Melbourne Punk has led us to Dalicados

Dalicados began in 2017 when six friends from bands such as The Chosen Few, Hunters & Collectors, I Spit On Your Gravy, H.A.N.D, In Vivo, Fiona & Her Holy Men, Epic Brass, UNAustralians, Tijuana Souvenirs decided to form a new band.

iOTA in Lazarus for The Production Company
David Bowie’s Lazarus is a Major Win for The Production Company 2019 Season

With the staging of Australia’s first production of David Bowie’s final work ‘Lazarus’, The Production Company has taken a giant risk moving outside its comfort zone. It was the right decision to make.

Jimmy Barnes at Red Hot Summer Mornington 2019 photo Noise11.com
Jimmy Barnes Plans on Shutting Down Your Town

Jimmy Barnes has announced dates for his ‘Shutting Down Your Town’ Australia and New Zealand tour starting September with an impressive list of special guests to open.

Chris Ryan Phoebe Panaretos and iOTA photo by Jeff Busby
Chris Ryan Talks About His Starring Role As Newton in Bowie’s Lazarus

In 2018 Jeanne Pratt’s The Production Company scored a major win for Melbourne. The company acquired the rights to David Bowie’s final work ‘Lazarus’.

ZZ Top the musical
ZZ Top Musical ‘Sharp Dressed Man’ is on the way

A musical based on the music of ZZ Top is currently in development in the USA. Michael Gruber and Jason Gastwirth from Caesars Entertainment along with Carl Stubner and Prem Akkaraju are developing ‘Sharp Dressed Man’ the musical to debut in Las Vegas in 2020.