Vince Neil Might Leave Mötley Crüe After Vegas Run - Noise11.com
Motley Crue, Vince Neil - Photo By Ros O'Gorman Noise11 photo

Motley Crue, Vince Neil - Photo By Ros O'Gorman

Vince Neil Might Leave Mötley Crüe After Vegas Run

by Andrew Tijs on December 21, 2011

Mötley Crüe lead singer Vince Neil says he’s “seriously thinking” about quitting the band following their Las Vegas residency.

Motley Crue, Vince Neil - Photo By Ros O'Gorman

Motley Crue, Vince Neil - Photo By Ros O'Gorman

The cock rock gods recently nailed down a run of shows at the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas next February and Neil has recently suggested in an interview with the Las Vegas Sun that it might be his last hurrah.

“It’s not definite, but I am thinking seriously about it,” he told the paper.

“This is all about me thinking about the second half of my life, thinking about my future, and that future might not include Mötley Crüe after Vegas,” he continued.

Mötley Crüe have just finished a year-long 30th anniversary tour and Neil returned from their sold-out UK tour to a Bahamas holidays, where he said, “I’m sitting on my yacht, contemplating my future, and I’m not sure it will be with Motley Crue after Las Vegas. Great things are coming up and pushing me in another direction.”

Neil said he didn’t want to regret missing opportunities by continuing on with the band, but was thankful:  “It’s been a great ride, and I’ve enjoyed every second of it, but being out here relaxing in this beautiful place has given me the chance to reflect on what direction I want the rest of my life to take. I’m really giving it a lot of thought.”

Comments

comments

Billy Joel at Hicksville High photo from billyjoelcom
Billy Joel Is Going Back To Hicksville High School

Billy Joel will return to his old high school Hicksville High for the 2017 graduation ceremony.

Cold Chisel - Photo By Ros O'Gorman Noise11.com
Cold Chisel Reactive For Newcastle 500

Cold Chisel will head back to Newcastle to play for the petrol-heads in November.

Paul Kelly - Image By Damien Loverso, Noise11, Photo
Paul Kelly Returns From “Off The Beaten Track” With ‘Life Is Fine’

After five years of experimental music projects Paul Kelly will release “a normal record”.

Icehouse perform at A Day In The Gardens in the Royal Botanical Gardens Melbourne on Sunday 12 March 2017.
Qantas Name Plane After Icehouse Classic Great Southern Land

Qantas will name one of the planes from its new Dreamliner fleet the Great Southern Land, after the classic Icehouse song.

MusiCares
Adam Clayton Of U2 To Receive Stevie Ray Vaughan Award

The MusiCares Foundation will honor U2’s Adam Clayton, awarded the bass player the Stevie Ray Vaughan Award in recognition of his dedication and support of the MusicCares Map Fund.

Culture Club Encore Tour at Sidney Myer Music Bowl on Sunday 11 December 2016. Culture Club headlined the show after support bands Wa Wa Nee, Pseudo Echo, Eurogliders and Real Life performed their sets. Photo Ros O'Gorman
Boy George Covers Village People

The song YMCA is a novelty, a crowd pleaser and a great piece of nostalgia, but nobody ever said it was a great ballad until now.

James Hetfield and Kirk Hammett, Metallica, Soundwave 2013, Photo Ros O'Gorman
James Hetfield Reveals How Delicate Metallica Is

Metallica's James Hetfield has conceded that the band could "fall apart" at any moment.