Vince Neil Might Leave Mötley Crüe After Vegas Run - Noise11.com
Motley Crue, Vince Neil - Photo By Ros O'Gorman Noise11 photo

Motley Crue, Vince Neil - Photo By Ros O'Gorman

Vince Neil Might Leave Mötley Crüe After Vegas Run

by Andrew Tijs on December 21, 2011

Mötley Crüe lead singer Vince Neil says he’s “seriously thinking” about quitting the band following their Las Vegas residency.

Motley Crue, Vince Neil - Photo By Ros O'Gorman

Motley Crue, Vince Neil - Photo By Ros O'Gorman

The cock rock gods recently nailed down a run of shows at the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas next February and Neil has recently suggested in an interview with the Las Vegas Sun that it might be his last hurrah.

“It’s not definite, but I am thinking seriously about it,” he told the paper.

“This is all about me thinking about the second half of my life, thinking about my future, and that future might not include Mötley Crüe after Vegas,” he continued.

Mötley Crüe have just finished a year-long 30th anniversary tour and Neil returned from their sold-out UK tour to a Bahamas holidays, where he said, “I’m sitting on my yacht, contemplating my future, and I’m not sure it will be with Motley Crue after Las Vegas. Great things are coming up and pushing me in another direction.”

Neil said he didn’t want to regret missing opportunities by continuing on with the band, but was thankful:  “It’s been a great ride, and I’ve enjoyed every second of it, but being out here relaxing in this beautiful place has given me the chance to reflect on what direction I want the rest of my life to take. I’m really giving it a lot of thought.”

Comments

comments

Jeremy Oxley, Sunnyboys. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Sunnyboys Resurrect For More Shows In 2018

Sunnyboys will reunite one more time for shows across Australia in 2018.

Melissa Etheridge, Photo Ros O'Gorman, Noise11
Melissa Etheridge Hopes Drug Bust Will Lead To Discussion

Melissa Etheridge hopes her summer (17) drug possession arrest will help spread awareness about medical marijuana.

Michael Hutchence The Last Rockstar
INXS Sales Boost Of First Night Of Michael Hutchence The Last Rockstar

INXS received a sales boost overnight with thanks to the documentary ‘Michael Hutchence Rockstar’ with their ‘The Very Best’ album leaping back into the Top 10, not that they have anything to do with the show.

Icehouse perform at A Day In The Gardens in the Royal Botanical Gardens Melbourne on Sunday 12 March 2017.
Qantas Christens Plane After Icehouse Song Great Southern Land

Icehouse are in Seattle today for the launch of the new Qantas Dreamliner named ‘Great Southern Land’ after the Icehouse classic.

Elton John at A Day On The Green at Rochford Winery on Sunday 1 October 2017. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Elton John To End 14-Year Vegas Residency

Elton John has announced the end of "The Million Dollar Piano," his second critically-acclaimed Las Vegas residency at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace. The final fourteen shows will occur in the Spring of 2018 with dates scheduled April 28 to May 19, 2018. Tickets go on sale Sunday, Oct. 22 at 10 AM PT.

Jonathan Cain Unsung Noel
Journey’s Jonathan Cain To Release Christmas Album

Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame inductee and longtime keyboardist and rhythm guitarist in Journey, Jonathan Cain, has released his first Christmas album, Unsung Noel, on CD, as a double audiophile vinyl record and at digital retailers globally via Identity Records with The Fuel Music distribution.

Iain Shedden
R.I.P. Iain Shedden Writer and One Time Drummer For The Saints Dies At Age 60

Iain Shedden, the music writer for The Australian and one time member of The Saints, has died at the age of 60.