Jonas Blue and Shawn Mendes Plan Working Together - Noise11.com
Shawn Mendes

Shawn Mendes

Jonas Blue and Shawn Mendes Plan Working Together

by Paul Cashmere on November 5, 2019

in News

Jonas Blue revealed two years ago that he was in talks with Shawn Mendes to get him on his debut album, ‘Blue’, however when the record was released last year, there was no sign of his name, but now he has teased that 2020 could be the year they finally get together.

Jonas – whose real name is Guy Robin – told The Sun newspaper’s Bizarre column: “We want to do something soon so hopefully something with Shawn, maybe next year.”

The ‘Ritual’ producer previously revealed he was waiting for the ‘Treat You Better’ singer to have a free slot to head into the studio with him because he doesn’t want to work face-to-face with him.

He told BANG Showbiz: “I’m in talks with Shawn Mendes, we spoke the other night and we’re trying to make something happen but it’s always schedule dependent.

“We just need to find the right date. I want to get in the studio with Shawn, doing it remotely doesn’t really work with an artist like Shawn.

“I need to know where he’s coming from and he needs to know where I’m coming from, we need to be in the same room together sharing the experience.”

Meanwhile, Jonas recently signed a new record deal with Sony/ATV.

The 30-year-old DJ and record producer launched his career in 2015 with a tropical house cover of Tracy Chapman’s ‘Fast Car’ featuring vocalist Dakota, which peaked at number two in the Official UK Chart, and he’s since released collaborations with the likes of Raye (‘By Your Side’), Liam Payne and Lennon Stella (‘Polaroid’) and Rita Ora, who features on ‘Ritual’ with Tiesto.

He hopes his signing to Sony will take his “creative collaborations” to the “next level”.

He said: “I am thrilled to have signed this deal with such a legendary publisher and beyond excited to see what will come of our work together in the future.

“David and Jon Platt certainly share our vision to take things to the next level with my creative collaborations. Watch this space!”

music-news.com

Noise11 on Instagram

You’ll discover music news first following Noise11 on Twitter

Comment on the news of the day, join Noise11 on Facebook

Noise11.com

Listen to the Noise11 Music News channel now at iHeartRadio

Related Posts

Jessie J
Jessie J Cancels US Shows, Postpones European Tour Amid Cancer Treatment

Jessie J has cancelled her upcoming U.S. tour dates and postponed her European tour after confirming she requires a second breast cancer-related surgery later this year.

2 days ago
Hunny supplied by Epitaph
HUNNY Breaks Free with “i can see my house from here” as Jason Yarger Steers Solo on New Album SPIRIT!

In what marks a pivotal rebirth for Los Angeles' shapeshifting indie-pop cohort HUNNY, frontman Jason Yarger has officially cast the band in a new light, pulling every lever himself on the forthcoming full-length, SPIRIT!. Released September 26 via Epitaph, the 15-track record is anchored by its playful lead single, “i can see my house from here,” a near-five-minute riff-driven gem brimming with sincerity and improvisational verve.

3 days ago
MIA
M.I.A. To Headline Melbourne and Sydney Shows This October

British-Sri Lankan trailblazer M.I.A. will return to Australia in October for two exclusive headline shows in Melbourne and Sydney, adding to her already anticipated performance at Adelaide’s Harvest Rock festival.

3 days ago
Hockey Dad photo by Charles Hardy
Hockey Dad Announce The Clip EP With New Single ‘All Hat No Cattle’

Australian surf-rock duo Hockey Dad have unveiled their brand-new single All Hat No Cattle today, alongside the announcement of their forthcoming EP The Clip, which will be released independently on 12 September.

4 days ago
Mo'Ju at Hamer Hall With The MSO photo by Craate Creative
Mo’Ju To Release Double J Live At The Wireless With Melbourne Symphony Orchestra

ARIA-nominated songwriter and storyteller Mo’Ju will release a landmark live album, Mo’Ju with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra (Double J Live at the Wireless), on Friday September 26 via ABC Music. Recorded at Melbourne’s Hamer Hall in 2023, the project captures Mo’Ju’s songs reimagined with the grandeur of a full symphony orchestra, cementing another milestone in a career defined by bold reinvention.

4 days ago
Thornhill photo suppled DAL
Thornhill Announce Bodies Australian Headline Tour 2026

Melbourne heavy innovators Thornhill will return to home soil in 2026 for their biggest headline tour yet, celebrating their acclaimed 2025 album Bodies with a run of national shows in February. Joining them will be rising American star Amira Elfeky, Japanese genre-breakers Paledusk, and Melbourne’s own Heavensgate.

4 days ago
Lil Nas X
Lil Nas X Arrested in Bizarre Incident: Facing Felony Charges in LA Outburst

Grammy-winning artist Lil Nas X, born Montero Lamar Hill, has found himself in serious legal trouble following a shocking early-morning arrest in Los Angeles.

5 days ago