In 1976, Blondie released ‘ In The Flesh’. The song was originally the b-side of Blondie’s debut single ‘X Offender’ but when Ian Meldrum promoted the b-side instead of the a-side ‘In The Flesh’ became a hit in Australia.
Three years later, and totally unrelated to the Blondie song, Roger Waters wrote the song ‘The Show?’ as the opening track to the upcoming Pink Floyd concept album ‘The Wall’. The title was changed to ‘In The Flesh?’ during the recording of The Wall.
Jump ahead to 2019 where you are about to hear an incredible merger of the Blondie and Pink Floyd classics.
The new recreation of The Wall is being made available in Australia via Philip Israel’s Possum Records in association with New York’s Magnetic Eye Records.
For ‘The Wall (Redux)’ every song from the Pink Floyd masterpiece has undergo revision by a contemporary rock artist or act including Mark Lanegan.
The Melvins reimagined ‘In The Flesh’ is an absolutely creative new way to showcase the Pink Floyd opener like it has never been done before.
1. In the Flesh? – The Melvins
2. The Thin Ice – Low Flying Hawks
3. Another Brick in the Wall, Part 1 – Ghastly Sound
4. Happiest Days of Our Lives – Sergeant Thunderhoof
5. Another Brick in the Wall, Pt. 2 – Sasquatch
6. Mother – ASG
1. Goodbye Blue Sky – Mos Generator
2. Empty Spaces – Domkraft
3. Young Lust – The Slim Kings
4. One of My Turns – Worshipper
5. Don’t Leave Me Now – Spaceslug
6. When the Tigers Broke Free – Year of the Cobra
7. Another Brick in the Wall, Part 3 / Goodbye Cruel World – Greenleaf
1. Hey You – Summoner
2. Is There Anybody Out There? – Scott Reeder
3. Nobody Home – Mark Lanegan
4. Vera – Ruby the Hatchet
5. Bring the Boys Back Home – Sunflo’er
6. Comfortably Numb – Mars Red Sky
1. The Show Must Go On – Open Hand
2. In the Flesh – Solace
3. Run Like Hell – Pallbearer
4. Waiting for the Worms – WhiteNails
5. Stop – Blue Heron
6. The Trial – Church of The Cosmic Skull
7. Outside the Wall – Yawning Man