You Am I’s 11th Album Is On The Way - Noise11.com
You Am I

You Am I

You Am I’s 11th Album Is On The Way

by Paul Cashmere on February 24, 2021

You Am I have been busy knocking out a new album. The first taste of what is to come is a song called ‘The Waterboy’, inspired by a song from The Waterboys.

“On the Waterboys album Modern Blues I found a Mike Scott song called I Can See Elvis. It just killed me, I couldn’t stop listening to it. Mike is a big-hearted person, he really puts it all out there and I like that. I was on the New South Wales south coast listening to a Scottish guy living in Ireland singing about Elvis and that led to the four places line.”

To create the song in lockdown Tim Rogers first sent what he had to guitarist Davey Lane. Lane and Rogers live in Melbourne. The other two members Andy Kent and Russell Hopkinson live in Sydney. They couldn’t meet so Rogers and Lane sent what they collaborated on onto the Sydneysiders who recorded their parts in a Sydney studio and sent them back to the Melbournians.

You Am I will reactivate for a show at the Enmore Theatre in Sydney on 15 April.

Andy Kent concurs: “The Enmore Theatre stage holds some very special memories for us as a band. So to be able to put 2020 well behind us all and step back out there to share a night of loud rock and roll with our strong, faithful and beautiful audience is something we are very much looking forward to. GBTFLoU!”

Follow Noise11 on Social Media

NEW: Noise11 on YouTube SUBSCRIBE

Noise11 on Instagram

You’ll discover music news first following Noise11 on Twitter

Comment on the news of the day, join Noise11 on Facebook

Comments

comments

The Offspring
The Offspring Drop Anti-Vaxxer Drummer

The Offspring drummer Pete Parada claims the band have forced him out over his refusal to be vaccinated against Covid-19.

The Edge, U2 perform at Etihad Stadium.
U2 To Release Limited Edition Apollo Live Album

U2 subscribers are being treated to the ‘U2 Live At The Apollo’ album.

Guns N Roses play the MCG on their 2017 Not In My Lifetime Tour. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Guns N Roses Resume US Tour But Australian Dates In Doubt Due To #Gladyscluster

Guns N’ Roses have kicked off their North American tour in Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA. The tour goes through to 12 October with the final show in Monterrey, Mexico and then the tour was meant to come to Australia and New Zealand, but that is now unlikely.

Marty Stuart at Adler Hall New York photo by Nick Kontonicolas
Marty Stuart Kicks Of US Tour In New York

Country great Marty Stuart is back on the road. His first show for his current American tour was at Adler Hall in New York City in Friday July 30.

Darren Hayes photo by Ros O'Gorman
Darren Hayes Turns Down A Shitload of Bucks From Ad Agency

Savage Garden’s Darren Hayes has walked away from a commercial “lotto win” after being approached by an advertising agency wanting to fuck with his classic ‘Truly Madly Deeply’.

Bryan Adams at AFL Grand Final media call on Thursday 1 October 2015. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Bryan Adams Signs With BMG

Bryan Adams says his new album has been delayed because he switched record labels.

Happy Mondays, Noise11, Photo
Covid Hit Bez of Happy Mondays Hard

Happy Mondays star Bez thought he was going to die amid his battle with COVID-19.