A.J. Croce Records Unknown Song By His Father Jim Croce - Noise11.com
AJ Croce

AJ Croce

A.J. Croce Records Unknown Song By His Father Jim Croce

by Paul Cashmere on July 31, 2017

A.J. Croce has covered his late father Jim Croce for his new album on a song that Jim never released.

The song ‘Name Of The Game’ was a song Jim wrote for what would have been his next album but he tragically died in a plane crash before finishing it.Now A.J. is going to mess around with Jim.

“The Name of the Game is a song I had known about for a really long time,” says A.J.. “It was destined for my dad’s next record that he never got to make. The song had been bootlegged, just him playing guitar, but it had never been properly recorded. I thought this song really fit this album. We listened to a couple of my father’s demos and final recordings and tried to treat the song with the respect it deserves — while still making it my own. At the beginning of our track, Colin Linden — who’s amazing — is playing the same guitar my father wrote the song on. You can tell it’s a Jim Croce song, no doubt. And I just love Vince Gill’s playing, so I called him up to add his musical touch to it too.”

Jim Croce died in a plane crash in 1973 at age 30. A.J., then two, is how 45.

A.J. Croce’s ‘Just Like Medicine’ album, featuring ‘Name of the Game’, is due August 11, 2017.

The Just Like Medicine track list

• Gotta Get Outta My Head
• The Heart That Makes Me Whole
• Name Of The Game
• Cures Just Like Medicine
• Move On
• The Other Side Of Love
• Full Up
• I Couldn’t Stop
• Hold You
• The Roads

Comments

comments

Gene Simmons of Kiss photo by Tim Cashmere
Is Anyone Surprised Gene Simmons Is The Latest Sexual Misconduct Name To Surface?

Kiss bass player Gene Simmons is the latest name added to the sexual misconduct list but should that even surprise you?

Vincent Nguini
R.i.P. Vincent Nguini Guitarist For Paul Simon At Age 65

Vincent Nguini, guitarist for Paul Simon since 1991, died on December 8 in Abadiânia, Brazil at the age of 65. He had been suffering from liver cancer.

Elton John at A Day On The Green at Rochford Winery on Sunday 1 October 2017. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Elton John To Be Honored With Grammy Salute

Just two days after the 60th Annual Grammy Awards®, the Recording Academy™, AEG Ehrlich Ventures, and CBS will celebrate the legendary career of five-time Grammy winner and 2000 MusiCares' Person of the Year honoree Elton John by presenting "Elton John: I'm Still Standing-A Grammy Salute."

Rory O'Donoghue
R.I.P. Rory O’Donoghue of Aunty Jack Fame 1949-2017

Rory O’Donoghue, the creative force alongside Grahame Bond for Australian hit 70s comedy The Aunty Jack Show, has died at age 68.

Billy Gibbons - Photo By Ros O'Gorman
Billy Gibbons Has Some Unusual Aussie Dates In January

ZZ Top’s Billy Gibbons will perform in Australia in January but not quite where you would expect him.

Scott Dorsey and Cat Stevens image courtesy of Scott Dorsey
Cat Stevens Caught Up With Engelbert Humperdinck’s Son Scott Dorsey In Brisbane

Scott Dorsey, the son and former manager of Engelbert Humperdinck, caught up with Cat Stevens in Brisbane this week.

The Village People performed at The Palais theatre in St Kilda on Thursday 25 May 2017. Photo by Ros OGorman
Village People Cover An Aussie Classic For Same Sex Marriage

Village People, the Ray Simpson version, have thanked Australia for winning the Same Sex Marriage battle by dedicating their version of an Aussie classic to all Australians.