A.J. Croce Records Unknown Song By His Father Jim Croce - Noise11.com
AJ Croce

AJ Croce

A.J. Croce Records Unknown Song By His Father Jim Croce

by Paul Cashmere on July 31, 2017

A.J. Croce has covered his late father Jim Croce for his new album on a song that Jim never released.

The song ‘Name Of The Game’ was a song Jim wrote for what would have been his next album but he tragically died in a plane crash before finishing it.Now A.J. is going to mess around with Jim.

“The Name of the Game is a song I had known about for a really long time,” says A.J.. “It was destined for my dad’s next record that he never got to make. The song had been bootlegged, just him playing guitar, but it had never been properly recorded. I thought this song really fit this album. We listened to a couple of my father’s demos and final recordings and tried to treat the song with the respect it deserves — while still making it my own. At the beginning of our track, Colin Linden — who’s amazing — is playing the same guitar my father wrote the song on. You can tell it’s a Jim Croce song, no doubt. And I just love Vince Gill’s playing, so I called him up to add his musical touch to it too.”

Jim Croce died in a plane crash in 1973 at age 30. A.J., then two, is how 45.

A.J. Croce’s ‘Just Like Medicine’ album, featuring ‘Name of the Game’, is due August 11, 2017.

The Just Like Medicine track list

• Hold You
• The Roads

Comments

comments

John Prine
John Prine Recovering After Contracting Covid-19

John Prine’s wife Fiona has confirmed that both she and her husband are recovering after contracting Covid-19.

Arrows
I Love Rock and Roll Songwriter Alan Merrill Dies From Covid-19

Alan Merrill, who co-wrote ‘I Love Rock and Roll’, has died at age 69 from Covid-19.

John Prine
John Prine In Critical Condition With Covid-19

Legendary singer-songwriter John Prine is in a critical condition after complications from contracting Covid-19.

Jon Bon Jovi, Photo By Ros O'Gorman, Noise11, Photo
Jon Bon Jovi Says Son Had Coronavirus But Wasn’t Tested

Jon Bon Jovi is convinced his teenage son had a "mild version" of coronavirus but also says e wasn't tested so they don't know for sure.

Elton John at A Day On The Green at Rochford Winery on Sunday 1 October 2017. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Dave Grohl and Sam Smith To Join Elton John Coronavirus Benefit Gig

Dave Grohl, Sam Smith, and Camila Cabello have signed on to perform from their living rooms as part of Sir Elton John's star-studded coronavirus relief concert.

Leo Sayer. photo by Ros O'Gorman Noise11.com
Op-ed: Leo Sayer Dissects Bob Dylan’s Epic ‘Murder Most Foul’

Bob Dylan still has the ability and surprising agility to shoot the occasional missile deep into our hearts and minds. The title of his latest release ‘Murder Most Foul’ comes directly from Shakespeare’s Hamlet, a fitting reference since Bob’s opus deals with the assassination of John F Kennedy, surely the last great leader of the U.S.A. - his death indeed a ‘Murder Most Foul’.

Bob Dylan Murder Most Foul
Bob Dylan Just Released An Epic 17 Minute Song ‘Murder Most Foul’

Bob Dylan has released a brand new song. It is the 17 minute epic ‘Murder Most Foul’.