Adam Lambert to continue solo work alongside Queen - Noise11.com
Queen + Adam Lambert, Melbourne 2014. Photo Ros O'Gorman

Queen + Adam Lambert at Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne 2014. Photo Ros O'Gorman

Adam Lambert to continue solo work alongside Queen

by Music-News.com on November 25, 2018

Adam Lambert has insisted his work with Queen isn’t hindering his solo work.

Since 2011, the American Idol runner-up has sung alongside British music legends Brian May and Roger Taylor for gigs all around the world.

As he hasn’t released a new album since 2015’s The Original High, some fans are worried his Queen duties have stopped him getting in the studio by himself, but he promises that’s not the case.

“I’ve never felt like working with Queen has put any sort of a damper on my solo work. I don’t feel as though we can compete with each other. I think that actually, they have coexisted very well, timing-wise,” he shrugged to Schon Magazine! “The collaboration with Queen is little chunks of time that I go on the road with them, and then I’m done so it’s left me plenty of time to sort of flip-flop into my solo career.”

Luckily, his loyal following won’t have much longer to wait for new music, as Adam has been busy putting the finishing touches to his new, as yet untitled, the fourth album.

Sporting a brand new look of long, flowing hair in the accompanying Schon photoshoot, the 36-year-old has also teased a fresh sound too.

“I didn’t know exactly what I wanted to do for a minute, as far as my solo career. Now, I’ve explored some new sounds and some new concepts and I’m on the course to put something out, but it took a second to discover that for myself, for this project,” he shared. “I was just waiting to catch a certain inspiration, you know what I mean? I was really digging, trying to find some authenticity. The most authentic sound and style that I could.”

music-news.com

For news as it happens follow Noise11 on Facebook

Comments

comments

Ric Ocasek
R.I.P. Ric Ocasek of The Cars at age 75

Ric Ocasek, the legendary lead singer of The Cars, has been found dead at his Manhattan home. He was 75-years old.

39 mins ago
Gene Simmons, Kiss. photo by Tim Cashmere
Kiss Postpone Salt Lake City Show As Gene Simmons Undergoes Medical Procedure

Kiss have had to postpone their final show for Salt Lake City as Gene Simmons had to suddenly return to Los Angeles for a medical procedure.

AC/DC The Razors Edge coin
AC/DC Release Gold Note and Coin for the Cook Islands

AC/DC are continuing to make the big bucks … literally. A new series of collector coins, notes and even a guitar pick have been released in the Cook Islands.

Rod Stewart - Photo By Ros O'Gorman, Noise11. Photo
Rod Stewart Reveals He Had Prostate Cancer During Charity Reunion With The Faces

Rock’s iconic The Faces, featuring Rod Stewart, Ronnie Wood and Kenney Jones, were back together last night for one night only to raise money for Prostate Cancer research when lead singer Sir Rod Stewart dropped a bombshell.

A Day In The Gardens in the Botanical Gardens Melbourne on Friday 10 March 2017. Ross Wilson, Daryl Braithwaite and John Farnham each performed a set for the first A Day In The Gardens held over the March 2017 Moomba long weekend in Melbourne. Photo Ros O'Gorman
Daryl Braithwaite Debuts New Song By Aussie Grammy Nominee Michael Fatkin

Daryl Braithwaite has returned to active duty after four months exploring Planet Earth. His first show in months featured his first performance of ‘Lovesongs’ by Sydney songwriter Michael Fatkin.

Neil Young Colorado
Neil Young Releases Second New Song ‘Rainbow of Colors’

Neil Young has dropped the second song from his upcoming Crazy Horse album ‘Colorado’. ‘Rainbow of Colors’ is a song he was also road-testing on his most recent tour.

Ringo Starr By Ros O'Gorman
Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney Cover John Lennon’s ‘Grow Old With Me’

Former Beatles bandmates Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney have reunited to record a John Lennon song. Grow Old With Me will feature on Ringos upcoming album, What's My Name, released on 25 October (19).