Andrea Bocelli Confirms He Has Recovered From COVID-19 - Noise11.com
Andrea Bocelli, music news, noise11.com

Andrea Bocelli

Andrea Bocelli Confirms He Has Recovered From COVID-19

by Paul Cashmere on May 27, 2020

Opera legend Andrea Bocelli has confirmed that he had, and has recovered from, the coronavirus COVID-19.

In a statement at his Facebook page, Bocelli says:

The pandemic which has shaken the world has also affected – albeit mildly – me and certain members of my family.

Out of respect for those for whom contracting the virus has had more serious consequences, I decided it would be best not to share the news. I certainly didn’t want to unnecessarily alarm my fans and also wished to protect my family’s privacy.

We were fortunate enough to have a swift and full recovery by the end of March.

Given the chance to donate blood to help find a cure for Covid, my response was an immediate “yes”. A modest — but fundamental — gesture, through which I am playing my small part.

Andrea Bocelli played down his illness but made mention to the Wall Street Journal last week.

Bocelli, who has been blind since he was 12 years old, told the Wall Street Journal, “I was able to be with my entire family and we all got infected. We had a fever, then we were cold, and then we got a little bit of a cough.”

Follow Noise11 on Social Media

Noise11 on Instagram

You’ll discover music news first following Noise11 on Twitter

Comment on the news of the day, join Noise11 on Facebook

Comments

comments

John Lennon Plastic Ono Band box set
John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band Box Set Details Revealed

John Lennon’s 1970 ‘John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band’ will be given a major upgrade.

Zak and Harry Nilsson
Zak Nilsson Loses His Battle With Cancer

Zak Nilsson, the son of the late singer songwriter Harry Nilsson, has lost his battle with colon cancer.

David Crosby, A Day On The Green, Ros O'Gorman, Photo
David Crosby Sells Catalogue To Irving Azoff

David Crosby has become the latest rock legend to sell his back catalogue to music mogul Irving Azoff's Iconic Artists Group.

John Hiatt at SXSW - photo by Ros O'Gorman
John Hiatt To Release Album With Jerry Douglas Band

John Hiatt has downed tools on a new album with the Jerry Douglas Band at the historic RCA Studio B in Nashville. The album is titled ‘Leftover Feelings’.

Michael Gudinski photo by Ros OGorman
Bruce Springsteen Dedicates ‘I’ll See You In My Dreams’ To Michael Gudinski

Bruce Springsteen has dedicated his song ‘I’ll See You In My Dreams’ to Mushroom Group boss Michael Gudinski, who passed away on Tuesday 2 March 2021 at age 68.

Public-Image-Ltd-Photo-By-Ros-OGorman
Work Continues On Danny Boyle’s Sex Pistols ‘Pistols’

Principal photography has begun in London on Pistol, the six-episode FX limited series about the legendary Sex Pistol guitarist Steve Jones, based on his memoir Lonely Boy: Tales from a Sex Pistol. Pistol is executive produced and directed by Danny Boyle, created by Craig Pearce and written by Pearce and Frank Cottrell Boyce.

shaggy
Shaggy Speaks of Bunny Wailer Legacy

Shaggy has declared the passing of the legendary singer - who passed away in hospital on Tuesday (02.03.21), aged 73, after suffering a stroke in 2020 - as "one of the lowest moments in the history of our culture".