Andrea Bocelli Confirms He Has Recovered From COVID-19 - Noise11.com
Andrea Bocelli, music news, noise11.com

Andrea Bocelli

Andrea Bocelli Confirms He Has Recovered From COVID-19

by Paul Cashmere on May 27, 2020

Opera legend Andrea Bocelli has confirmed that he had, and has recovered from, the coronavirus COVID-19.

In a statement at his Facebook page, Bocelli says:

The pandemic which has shaken the world has also affected – albeit mildly – me and certain members of my family.

Out of respect for those for whom contracting the virus has had more serious consequences, I decided it would be best not to share the news. I certainly didn’t want to unnecessarily alarm my fans and also wished to protect my family’s privacy.

We were fortunate enough to have a swift and full recovery by the end of March.

Given the chance to donate blood to help find a cure for Covid, my response was an immediate “yes”. A modest — but fundamental — gesture, through which I am playing my small part.

Andrea Bocelli played down his illness but made mention to the Wall Street Journal last week.

Bocelli, who has been blind since he was 12 years old, told the Wall Street Journal, “I was able to be with my entire family and we all got infected. We had a fever, then we were cold, and then we got a little bit of a cough.”

Follow Noise11 on Social Media

Noise11 on Instagram

You’ll discover music news first following Noise11 on Twitter

Comment on the news of the day, join Noise11 on Facebook

The Rolling Stones, Ros OGorman photographer, Rod Laver Arena
The Rolling Stones Play The Rarely Performed Live ‘Fool To Cry’ for Los Angeles

The Rolling Stones gave fans at SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles a rare treat when they performed ‘Fool To Cry’ for the first time on the 2024 Hackney Diamonds tour.

Ron E Sparks
R.I.P. Australian Radio Legend Ron E. Sparks Dies Aged 72

Ron E. Sparks, one of Australia’s most respected and professional broadcasters, has died from cancer at age 72.

John Lennon Mind Games box
John Lennon Once Tried to Get Wings, The Stones and Plastic Ono Band To Do A Show Together

In 1972 after The Beatles had broken up John Lennon asked Paul McCartney if he would do a benefit show with Wings, The Stones and Plastic Ono Band.

The Zombies, music news, noise11.com
The Zombies’ Founder Rod Argent Retires After Suffering A Stroke

Classic Rock band The Zombies has come to a sudden end after 60 years following founder Rod Argent suffering a stroke.

Joe Bonsall of Oak Ridge Boys
Tributes Flow For Oak Ridge Boys Singer Joe Bonsall

Tributes are flowing in for Oak Ridge Boys singer Joe Bonsall who died on July 9, 2024 at age 76.

Brian Eno, music news, noise11.com
Brian Eno ‘Eno’ Doco On The Way

Film First and Tigerlily Productions are delighted to bring Eno, filmmaker Gary Hustwit (Helvetica/RAMS)’s groundbreaking, generative documentary film about visionary musician and artist Brian Eno - a film that is different every time it’s shown - to the UK this summer.

Stevie Nicks ADOTG at Rochford Winery on Saturday 18 November 2017. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Stevie Nicks Will Pay Tribute To Tom Petty and Christine McVie At London Show

Stevie Nicks will perform musical tributes to Tom Petty and Christine McVie at her BST Hyde Park show this Friday (12.07.24).

July 9, 2024