Andrea Bocelli Confirms He Has Recovered From COVID-19 - Noise11.com
Andrea Bocelli, music news, noise11.com

Andrea Bocelli

Andrea Bocelli Confirms He Has Recovered From COVID-19

by Paul Cashmere on May 27, 2020

Opera legend Andrea Bocelli has confirmed that he had, and has recovered from, the coronavirus COVID-19.

In a statement at his Facebook page, Bocelli says:

The pandemic which has shaken the world has also affected – albeit mildly – me and certain members of my family.

Out of respect for those for whom contracting the virus has had more serious consequences, I decided it would be best not to share the news. I certainly didn’t want to unnecessarily alarm my fans and also wished to protect my family’s privacy.

We were fortunate enough to have a swift and full recovery by the end of March.

Given the chance to donate blood to help find a cure for Covid, my response was an immediate “yes”. A modest — but fundamental — gesture, through which I am playing my small part.

Andrea Bocelli played down his illness but made mention to the Wall Street Journal last week.

Bocelli, who has been blind since he was 12 years old, told the Wall Street Journal, “I was able to be with my entire family and we all got infected. We had a fever, then we were cold, and then we got a little bit of a cough.”

Follow Noise11 on Social Media

Noise11 on Instagram

You’ll discover music news first following Noise11 on Twitter

Comment on the news of the day, join Noise11 on Facebook

Meat Loaf. Photo by Ros O'Gorman., music news, noise11
Meat Loaf Dead At 74 From Covid

Meat Loaf, co-creator of Bat Out Of Hell with Jim Steinman, has died at the age on 74.

David Bowie 2004 Rod Laver Arena. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Dave Grohl And Ricky Gervais Discuss David Bowie

January 8 would have been David Bowie’s 75th birthday. Bowie died in 2016, just two days after his 69th birthday.

Neil Young and Crazy Horse Greendale tour Melbourne photo by Ros O'Gorman
Neil Young’s Daryl Hannah Directed ‘A Band A Brotherhood A Barn’ Premieres On YouTube

Daryl Hannah’s documentary about the making of Neil Young and Crazy Horse’s ‘Barn’ album has debuted on YouTube.

Prince at Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne on 21 October 2003. Photo by Ros O'Gorman http:://www.noise11.com
Prince Estate Valued At $156 million

The estate of late music icon Prince has been valued at $US156.4 million ($AUD217 million) following a lengthy legal battle.

Dolly Parton in concert photo by Ros O'Gorman
Dolly Parton Has An Ice Cream Flavour and Its Called Strawberry Pretzel Pie

Dolly Parton has a new ice cream and a new song. The ice cream flavour is Strawberry Pretzel Pie. And like the ice cream, the song ‘Rose Of My Heart’ is only available from Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams.

Jon Lind in Howdy Moon
Madonna and Earth Wind & Fire Songwriter Jon Lind Dies At 73

Jon Lind, who wrote hits for Earth, Wind & Fire and Madonna, has died from cancer at the age of 73.

Ronnie Spector
Ronnie Spector Dies At Age 78

Ronnie Spector, the singer for The Ronettes and one time wife of notorious producer Phil Spector, has died at the age of 78.

January 13, 2022