Andrea Bocelli Confirms He Has Recovered From COVID-19 - Noise11.com
Andrea Bocelli, music news, noise11.com

Andrea Bocelli

Andrea Bocelli Confirms He Has Recovered From COVID-19

by Paul Cashmere on May 27, 2020

Opera legend Andrea Bocelli has confirmed that he had, and has recovered from, the coronavirus COVID-19.

In a statement at his Facebook page, Bocelli says:

The pandemic which has shaken the world has also affected – albeit mildly – me and certain members of my family.

Out of respect for those for whom contracting the virus has had more serious consequences, I decided it would be best not to share the news. I certainly didn’t want to unnecessarily alarm my fans and also wished to protect my family’s privacy.

We were fortunate enough to have a swift and full recovery by the end of March.

Given the chance to donate blood to help find a cure for Covid, my response was an immediate “yes”. A modest — but fundamental — gesture, through which I am playing my small part.

Andrea Bocelli played down his illness but made mention to the Wall Street Journal last week.

Bocelli, who has been blind since he was 12 years old, told the Wall Street Journal, “I was able to be with my entire family and we all got infected. We had a fever, then we were cold, and then we got a little bit of a cough.”

Follow Noise11 on Social Media

Noise11 on Instagram

You’ll discover music news first following Noise11 on Twitter

Comment on the news of the day, join Noise11 on Facebook

Buzzcocks To Tour Australia in October

Buzzcocks will return to Australia for dates in October and November.

John Lennon Mind Games EP
John Lennon ‘Mind Games’ EP To Be Released Ahead of Box Set

The Estate of John Lennon will preview the upcoming ‘Mind Games’ box set with a 4 track 12” EP to be released for Record Store Day 2024.

AC/DC To Release Gold Disc Editions Of American (Not Australian) Versions of Classic Albums

AC/DC will release nine Gold disc editions of their classic albums to mark the 50th anniversary of the first gig of the band in Australia but for some weird reason it is the US editions of the albums, not the Australia editions.

Engelbert Humperdinck performs at the Palais Theatre in St Kilda on Thursday 29 October 2015. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Engelbert Humperdinck Has The Hot Ticket of 2024

If Taylor Swift fans are called Swifties, what are Engelbert Humperdinck fans called? Humpers?

Peter Garrett Midnight Oil 6 November 2017. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Peter Garrett Spans 46 Years With Solo Setlist

Peter Garrett has played two solo shows so far in 2024 with a fairly even divide between the solo songs and his Midnight Oil catalogue.

Alice Cooper photo by Ros O'Gorman
Alice Cooper Announces UK Tour With Glen Matlock and Primal Scream

Alice Cooper is touring the UK this October with Primal Scream and Sex Pistol Glen Matlock.

Rich Kids
Glen Matlock’s Post Pistols Band Rich Kids Was The Group That Never Took Off

After Sex Pistols broke up, Glen Matlock formed a new group Rich Kids with Midge Ure pre-Ultravox on vocals but the band never kicked in, was short lived and broke up after one album.