Aretha Franklin Announces Her Retirement - Noise11.com
Aretha Franklin, Noise11, Photo

Aretha Franklin

Aretha Franklin Announces Her Retirement

by Roger Wink, VVN Music on February 10, 2017

One of the greatest singers in history, Aretha Franklin, has announced her retirement.

Franklin talked with WDIV in Detroit, telling them “I must tell you, I am retiring this year. This will be my last year. I will be recording, but this will be my last year in concert. This is it.

“I feel very, very enriched and satisfied with respect to where my career came from, and where it is now. I’ll be pretty much satisfied, but I’m not going to go anywhere and just sit down and do nothing. That wouldn’t be good either.”

She did go on to say that she would still do “some select things” but her grandchildren are preparing for college and she wants the time to spend with them.

There is a new album coming later this year with Stevie Wonder producing a few tracks. “There’s only one Stevie, right?”

Aretha’s recording career started in 1956 with Songs of Faith and, after a number of jazz releases, moved to soul music with her breakthrough 1967 hit I Never Loved a Man (The Way I Love You). she had 17 top ten hits on the Hot 100 and, on the R&B singles, 52 top tens and twenty number 1’s. From 1968 to 1975, she won a record eight straight Grammy Awards for Female R&B Vocal Performance.

vvnmusic.com

Comments

comments

Robbie Robertson
Robbie Robertson Creates A Global All-Star New Version of ‘The Weight’

The Band’s band-leader Robbie Robertson has gone global for a new version of The Band’s classic ‘The Weight’ featuring an all-star cast, actually an all-Starr cast, filmed on five continents simultaneously.

Rod Stewart - Photo By Ros O'Gorman
Rod Stewart Has Recorded A Duet With Robbie Williams

Rod Stewart has recorded a brand new of ‘It Takes Two’ with Robbie Williams.

The Who Roger Daltrey. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
The Who Plays Boston #Review

In 2018, The Who's singer, Roger Daltrey, toured and performed the bands' legendary Rock-opera, "Tommy," in its entirety with assistance from orchestras that were in the areas in which he was playing. Since there is a good amount of orchestration on the original "Tommy" album (which were all performed by the groups' now-deceased bass player, John Entwistle), it is not surprising that the results of the shows were quite superb.

This Is Ronnie Burns
Ronnie Burns ‘This Is Ronnie Burns’ Compiles 14 Singles for Album

A new Ronnie Burns compilation ‘The Is Ronnie Burns’ will capture Ronnie’s 14 Spin Records singles across three albums into one new album.

Ozzy Osbourne Black Sabbath photo by Ros O'Gorman
Ozzy Osbourne Made His New Album In Four Weeks

Ozzy Osbourne has completed his comeback album in just four weeks.

Ringo Starr By Ros O'Gorman
Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney Cover John Lennon’s ‘Grow Old With Me’

Former Beatles bandmates Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney have reunited to record a John Lennon song. Grow Old With Me will feature on Ringos upcoming album, What's My Name, released on 25 October (19).

Who by The Who
The Who To Release Their First Album In 13 Years

The Who have recorded their first studio album in 13 years. ‘Who’ by The Who will be released on 22 November on digital, vinyl, CD AND cassette formats.

September 13, 2019