Aretha Franklin Announces Her Retirement - Noise11.com
Aretha Franklin, Noise11, Photo

Aretha Franklin

Aretha Franklin Announces Her Retirement

by Roger Wink, VVN Music on February 10, 2017

One of the greatest singers in history, Aretha Franklin, has announced her retirement.

Franklin talked with WDIV in Detroit, telling them “I must tell you, I am retiring this year. This will be my last year. I will be recording, but this will be my last year in concert. This is it.

“I feel very, very enriched and satisfied with respect to where my career came from, and where it is now. I’ll be pretty much satisfied, but I’m not going to go anywhere and just sit down and do nothing. That wouldn’t be good either.”

She did go on to say that she would still do “some select things” but her grandchildren are preparing for college and she wants the time to spend with them.

There is a new album coming later this year with Stevie Wonder producing a few tracks. “There’s only one Stevie, right?”

Aretha’s recording career started in 1956 with Songs of Faith and, after a number of jazz releases, moved to soul music with her breakthrough 1967 hit I Never Loved a Man (The Way I Love You). she had 17 top ten hits on the Hot 100 and, on the R&B singles, 52 top tens and twenty number 1’s. From 1968 to 1975, she won a record eight straight Grammy Awards for Female R&B Vocal Performance.

vvnmusic.com

Comments

comments

Elton John starts Rochford Winery show in 40 degree heat
Elton John Postpones New Zealand Shows Until 2021

Elton John has postponed his final two shows in New Zealand as he recovers from walking pneumonia.

Eric Clapton photo by Ros O'Gorman
Eric Clapton and Friends Perform Tribute To Ginger Baker

Eric Clapton and his famous friends performed a tribute to their friend Ginger Baker in London on Monday.

Ozzy Osbourne and Black Sabbath photo by Ros OGorman
Ozzy Osbourne Cancels 2020 Tour Dates

Ozzy Osbourne has cancelled all dates for his upcoming ‘No More Tears 2’ North American tour to give himself more time to recover from health issues.

Zoot Archaeology
Zoot To Reform For Australian Tour With Russell Morris on Vocals

Zoot will reform for Australian shows in November with Russell Morris taking over from the late Darryl Cotton on vocals with the members of the iconic line-up Beeb Birtles, Rick Springfield and Rick Brewer.

Elton John starts Rochford Winery show in 40 degree heat
Elton John Cuts Short Auckland Show Due To Illness

Elton John has had another snipped concert, this time in New Zealand. Sir Elton cut short his Auckland performance last night because of pneumonia.

Alice Cooper photo by Mary Boukouvalas
Ol’ Black Eyes Alice Cooper Performs In Melbourne

At 72 Alice Cooper can kick the arse of any musician half his age. Well, maybe not his opening act Airbourne. They kicked everyone’s arse … but that’s another story.

Ozzy Osbourne Odinary Man
Charlie Puth Is On The New Ozzy Osbourne Album

28-year old pop star Charlie Puth is a guest on the next Ozzy Osbourrne album ‘Ordinary Man’.