Fleetwood Mac Ruled Out Of Glastonbury - Noise11.com
Drummer Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac performs at ADOTG at Mt Duneed Winery on 7 November 2015. Photo by Ros O'Gorman

Drummer Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac performs at ADOTG at Mt Duneed Winery on 7 November 2015. Photo by Ros O'Gorman

Fleetwood Mac Ruled Out Of Glastonbury

by Music-News.com on October 16, 2019

in News

Back in June, Mick Fleetwood hinted that the band would be performing when he told the crowd at the group’s London concert that they still had a “big field to play at a rained out festival in England”, but negotiations between Fleetwood Mac and Glastonbury have reportedly broken down over finances.

A source told The Sun newspaper’s Bizarre column: “Fleetwood Mac have been approached several times over the years and it has never happened.

“But Michael Eavis is a huge fan and really, really wanted to make it work. He knew getting them on board for the 50th anniversary would be extra special and conversations were positive.

“They even hinted at it on stage when they played Wembley in June, joking to fans they still had, ‘a big field to play at a rained-out festival in England next year’.

“But ultimately, while Mick Fleetwood was up for it with the money on offer, other members didn’t feel it was worthwhile.”

Although Mick, 72, didn’t name the festival, Glastonbury is renowned for its inclement weather at the end of June when it takes place on Worthy Farm in Somerset, South West England, and is often swamped with mud and sludge.
Surprisingly, Fleetwood Mac have never performed at the world renowned event and Mick previously admitted that the band would “burn in hell” if they didn’t headline it at least once.

He said: “Of course, we’ve been asked to play and it’s never worked out. I think the legend of Glastonbury and Fleetwood Mac will come true. I think I’ll burn in hell if we don’t do it one day.”

The Glastonbury Festival celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2020 and Michael recently dropped a huge hint that Sir Paul McCartney will be one of the headliners.

Speaking to BBC Somerset, he said: “Paul’s on good form at the moment.”

When asked if he had “spoken to him” and if he was coming to play at Worthy Farm again, Michael added: “Hopefully for the 50th, yeah.

“Don’t make a big thing of it though will you?”

Beatles legend Paul, 77, last topped the bill on the Pyramid Stage in 2004.

music-news.com

Noise11 on Instagram

You’ll discover music news first following Noise11 on Twitter

Comment on the news of the day, join Noise11 on Facebook

Noise11.com

Listen to the Noise11 Music News channel now at iHeartRadio

Comments

comments

Related Posts

Mike Campbell
Mike Campbell On Being In The Presence of Bob Dylan

Former Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and now Dirty Knobs frontman Mike Campbell has recalled his time with Bob Dylan for Noise11.com.

17 hours ago
Rod Stewart. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Rod Stewart Adds Second Melbourne Show

Rod Stewart will now perform a second show in Melbourne on 29 October.

2 days ago
Dave Clark Five All The Hits
New Dave Clark Five Compilation Marks 60 Years Of The British Band

Here is a fun fact: The Dave Clark performed 18 times on the Ed Sullivan Show.

4 days ago
James Taylor American Standard
James Taylor To Release American Standard Album

James Taylor’s 19th studio album is a collection of 14 American standards titled ‘American Standard’.

4 days ago
Gordon Lightfoot
Gordon Lightfoot To Release His First Album In 16 Years

81-year old Canadian music legend Gordon Lightfoot will release ‘Solo’, his first album in 16 years in March.

5 days ago
NeilYoung at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl by Ros O'Gorman
Neil Young Has Become A US Citizen

Neil Young has finally been granted US citizenship.

5 days ago
Rod Stewart - Photo By Ros O'Gorman
Rod Stewart Pleads Not Guilty To Battery Charges

Rod Stewart and his son Sean have pleaded not guilty to battery charges relating to an alleged bust-up with a hotel security guard on New Year's Eve.

6 days ago