Olivia Newton-John Reveals She Has Cancer For Third Time - Noise11.com
Olivia Newton-John - Photo By Ros O'Gorman

Olivia Newton-John - Photo By Ros O'Gorman

Olivia Newton-John Reveals She Has Cancer For Third Time

by Paul Cashmere on September 10, 2018

Australian superstar Olivia Newton-John has confirmed she has been diagnosed with cancer for a third time as well as saying she kept the second time private.

Olivia Newton-John gave an extensive interview with Sunday Night. The show also featuring interviews with Olivia’s friends Barry Gibb, Cliff Richard, Pat Carroll, John Farrar and Didi Conn.

She decided to keep the second cancer private. “The first time I talked about it and the second time I thought it wasn’t something I really need to share with people. It’s my life. I just decided to keep it to myself,” she said.

A third cancer tumour was found in her lower back in 2017. “I am one of millions in this journey. A lot of people see it as a fight and that is their prerogative. I see as part of my mission. I am still treating it naturally and doing really well,” she said.

Watch the full Sunday Night interview here:

For news as it happens follow Noise11 on Facebook

Comments

comments

Angus Young AC/DC Etihad Stadium, Rock Or Bust World Tour. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
AC/DC Tease ‘Demon Fire’ Off ‘PWR/UP’

AC/DC have slipped out another sample of the upcoming ‘PWR/UP’ with 54 seconds of ‘Demon Fire’.

Neil Young and Crazy Horse Greendale tour Melbourne photo by Ros O'Gorman
Neil Young’s Brother Bob Releases His First Single

Neil Young's older sibling felt compelled to put out his first song, 'Hey America', after watching US President Donald Trump on TV.

Peter Garrett Midnight Oil 6 November 2017. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Midnight Oil and 18 Indigenous Collaborators Deliver The Makarrata Project

Midnight Oil’s ‘The Makarrata Project’ is the first collection of new Midnight Oil songs since 2002. It also features 18 indigenous artists collaborating with the band.

Bruce Springsteen and Max Weinberg at AAMI Park on Thursday 2 February 2017. Photo Ros O'Gorman
Bruce Springsteen Says he Set The Bar To High With Long Shows

Bruce Springsteen - who holds the record for the longest concert ever, with his 2012 Helsinki show lasting for four hours and six minutes - admitted he set the bar too high with his iconic mammoth sets as his fans expect nothing less from him.

Mick Jagger, photo by Ros O'Gorman, the rolling stones, melbourne 2014
Has Mick Jagger Just Teased A New Rolling Stones Song?

Mick Jagger has teased a new song called ‘Pride Before A Fall’. At this stage we don’t know if it’s a new solo song or a new Rolling Stones song.

AC/DC Glow About Axl Rose

Angus Young has thanked Axl Rose for his short tenure in the band.

Billy Joe Shaver
R.I.P. Billy Joe Shaver at 81

Country legend Billy Joe Shaver has died from a stroke following an undisclosed illness at age 81.