Ozzy Osbourne Releases First New Music In A Decade 'Under The Graveyard' - Noise11.com
Ozzy Osbourne and Black Sabbath photo by Ros OGorman

Ozzy Osbourne and Black Sabbath photo by Ros O'Gorman

Ozzy Osbourne Releases First New Music In A Decade ‘Under The Graveyard’

by Paul Cashmere on November 9, 2019

‘Under The Graveyard’ is the first new Ozzy Osbourne song in a decade.

“This album was a gift from my higher power–it is proof to me that you should never give up,” Ozzy says.

Recorded in Los Angeles, the album features producer Andrew Watt on guitars, Duff McKagan (Guns N’ Roses) on bass and Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers) on drums.

“It all started when [his daughter] Kelly comes in and says ‘do you want to work on a Post Malone song?’” Ozzy says explains. “My first thing was ‘who the fuck is Post Malone?!’ I went to Andrew’s [Watt] house and he said we will work really quick. After we finished that song, he said ‘would you be interested in starting an album.’ I said ‘that would be fucking great, but now I am thinking I don’t want to be working in a basement studio for six months! And in just a short time, we had the album done. Duff [McKagan] and Chad [Smith] came in and we would go in and jam during the day and I would go work out the songs in the evenings. I previously had said to Sharon I should be doing an album, but in the back of my mind I was going ‘I haven’t got the fucking strength…’ but Andrew pulled it out of me. I really hope people listen to it and enjoy it, because I put my heart and soul into this album.”

The new Ozzy Osbourne label will be released in early 2020.

Comments

comments

Roxette's Marie Fredriksson and Per Gessle entertain fans at Rod Laver Arena, photo Ros O'Gorman
Marie Fredriksson of Roxette Has Died at Age 61

Roxette co-founder Marie Fredriksson has died at age 61.

Cher, Photo Ros O'Gorman
Adam Lambert Releases His Version Of Cher’s ‘Believe’

Current Queen frontman Adam Lambert has released his version of Cher’s classic dance anthem ‘Believe’.

Hall & Oates - Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Check Out Hall & Oates Isolated Vocal Version Of ‘Out of Touch’

Hall & Oates have released an isolated vocal version of the 1984 hit ‘Out of Touch’ featuring only Daryl’s vocals.

Blondie, Rod Laver Arena Melbourne on Thursday 6 April 2017. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Debbie Harry Says She Would Have Made More Money As A Prostitute

Debbie Harry has laughed off rumours she was a sex worker before she turned to rock music, and she explained she was "always about" her career, although she found it difficult being "a woman in a man's world".

The Who Set For First Number One Album In Nearly 50 Years

The Who could claim their first UK Number 1 album in almost half a century on this week’s Official Albums Chart.

Shannon Noll, Red Hot Summer. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Shannon Noll Creates New Video With The Help Of Julia Morris’ Underpants

Shannon Noll has somehow managed to take the right balance of sexual innuendo, slang and Julia Morris’ underpants and squeeze it all into one video for his new song ‘Long Live The Summer’.

Kevin Borich performs at the Melbourne Guitar Show Caulfield Racetrack on Saturday 6 August. photo by Ros O'Gorman
Kevin Borich To Release ‘Call A Friend’ With Russell Morris

Kevin Borich and Russell Morris have recorded a song together. ‘Call A Friend’ will be released on 20 December.