Ajak Kwai To Launch Fifth Album In Melbourne - Noise11.com
Ajak Kwai

Ajak Kwai

Ajak Kwai To Launch Fifth Album In Melbourne

by Paul Cashmere @paulcashmere on April 20, 2021

Australian/South Sudanese singer songwriter Ajak Kwai will launch her fifth album ‘Let Me Grow My Wings’ this Friday in Melbourne.

Ajak sings the songs from ‘Let Me Grown My Wings’ in English, Arabic and her native Dinka. The album was recorded by Jan Skubiszewski. Jan has produced John Butler, The Cat Empire

“My experiences in Australia inform my songs and my music. Music is a universal language – maybe one day we will forget our differences and hold the hands of one another,” Ajak says. ‘This album is a collection of those hopes and dreams for an integrated future where we are one and can share and be accepted for what my community has to offer.’

Ajak also explains, “It has taken years to complete this album, as I’ve kept getting distracted with my work as a community promoter and educating people at the Migrant Resource Centre, which takes me to many areas of Melbourne’.

The album musicians include producer Jan Skubiszewski, Nicky Bomba, Simon Lewis, Boris Conley, Chris Basile, Kate Madden, Robin Mai and Aaron Wilson. Filmmaker and Ajak’s longtime friend, Margot McDonald executive produced the project.

The single, Let Me Grow My Wings is out now, with the album release on Friday, April 23.

Let Me Grow My Wings by Ajak Kwai is released by 100 Pianos For Australia, supported by Creative Victoria and City Of Melbourne.

Follow Noise11 on Social Media

NEW: Noise11 on YouTube SUBSCRIBE

Noise11 on Instagram

You’ll discover music news first following Noise11 on Twitter

Comment on the news of the day, join Noise11 on Facebook

Comments

comments

Pink: Photo Ros O'Gorman
Watch Pink’s All I Know So Far Trailer

Pink has a documentary ‘All I Know So Far’ all set to stream and a new song to go along with it.

Rag n Bone
Rag’n’Bone Man and Pink Team For Charity Single

Rag'n'Bone Man and Pink are set to release 'Anywhere Away From Here' as a charity single.

Katy Perry, photo by Ros O'Gorman, rod laver arena, Melbourne 2014
Katy Perry Has A Pokemon Tune Coming

Katy Perry will release a new track inspired by her love of Pokemon on Friday.

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard at the J Awards at Howler on Thursday 17 November 2016.
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard To Release 18th Album

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard have hit their socials with a very simple message. Their 18th album is coming.

One Direction, Louis Tomlinson, Photo By Ros O'Gorman
Louis Tomlinson To Tour Solo In 2022

Louis Tomlinson is set to head out on tour in 2022.

Florence And The Machine perform at The Palais Theatre. Photo Zo Damage.
Florence + The Machine Sing New Song For Disney’s Cruella

Multi-platinum and global award-winning artist Florence + The Machine, is set to perform a new original song, “Call me Cruella,” in Disney’s all-new live action film “Cruella.” “Call me Cruella” will be featured in the film and on the original motion picture soundtrack and the original score album. Both albums, from Walt Disney Records, will be available on the 21st of May. Experience the film in cinemas or order it on Disney+ with Premier Access for a one-time additional fee on May 28.

Trey Songz
Trey Songz Accused of Hit and Run

R&B star Trey Songz has a new legal issue on his hands after he was accused of injuring a woman during a hit-and-run incident.