Ben Mingay, Lucy Durack and Marcia Hines to star in Shrek The Musical - Noise11.com
Marcia Hines, Photo By Ros O'Gorman

Marcia Hines, Photo By Ros O'Gorman

Ben Mingay, Lucy Durack and Marcia Hines to star in Shrek The Musical

by Paul Cashmere on July 2, 2019

Shrek The Musical stars have been revealed. Ben Mingay will star as Shrek, Lucy Durack is Princess Fiona and Marcia Hines will join the Sydney cast as the Dragon.

“When the opportunity to produce Shrek The Musical arose, I instantly thought of Ben and Lucy as ideal casting for Shrek and Princess Fiona, and I’m thrilled they have both agreed to join the production. And when I saw Marcia Hines command the stage in Saturday Night Fever, I knew she should play our Dragon,” said John Frost. “We’ll be auditioning for the rest of the cast next month and I can’t wait to find Donkey, Lord Farquaad, Gingy, Pinocchio and all the wonderful characters in this hilarious musical comedy.

Frost went after Shrek the Musical for Australia after seeing the New York production. “I fell in love with the show when I saw it on Broadway and was bowled over by the way audiences responded to the social issues it covers, themes like friendship, discrimination, acceptance, inclusiveness and ‘don’t judge a book by its cover’. I know Australia is going to fall in love with Shrek The Musical as much as I did,” Frost added.

SYDNEY SEASON DETAILS
Venue – Sydney Lyric Theatre, The Star
Season – From 1 January 2020
Performance Times – Wed-Sat 7.30pm, Matinees Wed & Thurs 1pm, Sat 2pm, Sun 1pm and 6pm

You’ll discover music news first following Noise11 on Twitter

Comment on the news of the day, join Noise11 on Facebook

Bart Willoughby by Cole Bennetts
Bart Willoughby To Receive APRA Ted Albert Award

Bart Willoughby has been named as the 2024 Ted Albert Award for Outstanding Services to Australian Music.

Caloundra Music Fesival
Caloundra Music Festival Cancelled

Organisers for the Caloundra Music Festival on the Sunshine Coast of Queensland have paved the festival citing rising costs.

Eric Bazilian and Tania Doko
Tania Doko and Eric Bazilian Are Performing The Best Of Both Of Them

Bachelor Girl’s Tania Doko has invited The Hooters’ Eric Bazilian to tour Australia with her. It is the first time Eric has played in Australia for almost 40 years on that one and only Hooters Australian tour of 1985.

Richard Clapton, Photo Ros O'Gorman
Richard Clapton Digs Into The Back Catalogue To Perform Rarities

When Richard Clapton play a Festival we get the concentrated Best of show. When he performs his own shows we get the deeper dive into a remarkable 50+ year career.

Elly-May Barnes Shes A Thought
Listen To New Neil Finn Song ‘She’s A Thought’ For Elly-May Barnes

Elly-May Barnes has released a third single from her ‘No Good’ album with the new song written for her by Neil Finn.

Priscilla Queen of the Desert bus
The Whitlams Used The Priscilla Queen of the Desert Bus As A Tour Bus

Fun fact: After the filming of the iconic Australia movie ‘Priscilla Queen of the Desert’ ended, the bus was used as a tour bus for six months by The Whitlams before it disappeared for almost 30 years. And now its been found.

Gypsy Lee at The Espy Basement 20 March 2024 photo by Michelle Grace Hunder
Gypsy Lee Releases Second Song ‘Runaway Baby’

Just one month after the release of her debut song ‘I Never Realised You Lied When you Said I Was No One’, Gypsy Lee, the daughter of Kate Ceberano and Lee Rogers, has a second song.