In 1979 Rickie Lee Jones connected with the world with her debut album and song ‘Chuck E’s In Love’. In 1989 she released ‘Flying Cowboys’ and another song ‘The Horses’ because a classic in Australia as a number one hit for Daryl Braithwaite.
Rickie’s latest album ‘Pieces of Treasure’ reunited her with Russ Titelman who produced her first two albums. The album gives Rickie an opportunity to pay tribute to other great songwriters.
Pieces of Treasure
1. Just in Time (Jule Styne, Betty Comden, Adolph Green)
2. There Will Never Be Another You (Harry Warren, Mack Gordon)
3. Nature Boy (Eden Ahbez)
4. One for My Baby (Harold Arlen, Johnny Mercer)
5. They Can’t Take That Away from Me (George Gershwin, Ira Gershwin)
6. All the Way (Jimmy Van Heusen, Sammy Cahn)
7. Here’s That Rainy Day (Jimmy Van Heusen, Johnny Burke)
8. September Song (Kurt Weill, Maxwell Anderson)
9. On the Sunny Side of the Street (Jimmy McHugh, Dorothy Fields)
10. It’s All in the Game (Charles G. Dawes, Carl Sigman)
Rickie Lee Jones spoke with Noise11.com’s Paul Cashmere.