5 Seconds of Summer log a sixth week atop the ARIA Singles Chart with “Youngblood”, becoming the equal third longest running Aussie performed No.1 for this decade.
“Youngblood’s” six weeks at No.1 is now equal to Guy Sebastian’s “Battle Scars” (from August 2012) and is now behind two other song for ‘Longest Run at No.1: Australian Act’, which are “Somebody That I Used to Know” by Gotye & Kimbra (8 wks from 15-Aug., 2011) and the Justice Crew track “Que Sera” (9 wks from 12th May, 2014). Plus 5SOS have now racked up seven weeks at the top during this decade moving them to equal 19th on the list for ‘Accumulated Weeks at No.1: Singles; 2010’s’ alongside John Legend (2 No.1’s, 7 wks in total), and “Youngblood” also holds for a fourth week in New Zealand and is Top 5 in both Norway and Ireland.
The current Canadian No.1 song (3rd wk) “Girls Like You” for Maroon 5 with Cardi B holds at No.2 for a second week here plus it picks up its first certification and is now Gold (●) in sales, while former No.2 holder “Better Now” for Post Malone is at No.3 again this week, but the new US No.1 song for the recently passed rapper XXXTentacion and “Sad!” jumps up four places this week to a new peak of No.4, while he also debuts at No.8 with “Jocelyn Flores”, taken from his debut album “17”, and is about the model of the same name who committed suicide in May of 2017, and it becomes his second Top 10 single in Australia, with a third song jumping to No.15 this week also.
Jumping up six places to a new peak of No.5 is the first of two songs from the ’13 Reasons Why: Season 2′ soundtrack within the Top 10 this week, “Lovely” for Billie Eilish and Khalid, which becomes her first Top 10 single and the fifth for Khalid, while the other song from the soundtrack inside the ten is “Back to You” by Selena Gomez which is down three spots to No.9. Anne-Marie jumped to No.4 last week with “2002”, which this week drops back down two spots to No.6, while last weeks UK and Irish No.1 song (it’s not this week, George Ezra and “Shotgun” took over) “Solo” for Clean Bandit with Demi Lovato, becoming the fourth and second Top 10 single for both acts respectively, the song climbs up five spots to a new peak of No.7, while another former UK & Irish No.1 song in “One Kiss” for Calvin Harris and Dua Lipa is down three spots to No.10 and newly certified 2x▲ Platinum in sales.
* Juice WRLD climbs again this week with “Lucid Dreams”, up two spots to a new peak of No.12, and it scores a Gold (●) sales cert too.
* After four broken weeks at No.16 the Cardi B track “I Like it” is up two spots to a new peak of No.14.
* The third Top 20 XXXTentacion entry this week is “Changes”, which leaps up nineteen spots to a new chart height of No.15.
* Khalid could score a sixth Top 10 single soon as he also appears on the new Martin Garrix track “Ocean”, which this week is up five spots to a new peak of No.18, the third Top 20 for Martin too.
* Holding their peaks this week are “Nevermind” by Dennis Lloyd (3rd wk) and “Reprisal” by Peking Duk at No.19 and No.20 respectively.
* The Tiesto and Dzeko track with Preme and Post Malone in “Jackie Chan” high kicks up twenty one spots to land at a new peak of No.23.
* NOTD with Bia Miller climbs ten places to No.26 with “I Wanna Know”.
* Ed Sheeran is back up this week with “Perfect” (29 to 27), “Happier” (48 to 43) and “Shape of You” (51 to 48).
* Last weeks entry for Kygo & Imagine Dragons with “Born to Be Yours” moves up one spot this week to No.32, while the two other Imagine Dragons entries both rise in “Thunder” (76 to 71) and “Believer” (88 to 86).
* A$AP Rocky with Skepta and their track “Praise the Lord (Da Shine)” rises two spots to No.33.
* Conrad Sewell has his new track “Healing Hands” playing in the promo for the upcoming series ‘9-1-1′, and this week it is up four spots to a new peak of No.37.
* Jonas Blue scores his fifth Top 50 hit in Australia as his latest entry “Rise” does just that and is up twenty-five spots to No.41.
* The 4th of June entry for Panic! at the Disco and “High Hopes” (former peak of No.86) is back this week at a new peak of No.44 thanks to their new albums debut at No.1 on the Albums Chart.
* The third ’13 Reason Why: Season 2’ soundtrack entry for OneRepublic with Logic and “Start Again” is up again this week, rising thirteen spots to No.67.
* Kendrick Lamar will be touring here from the 10th of July, and his “Humble” track is back up a spot to No.69 in its 65th week within the Top 100.
* Two further 4th of June entries return this week at new peaks in “Like to Be You” for Shawn Mendes feat Julia Michaels (former peak #78) back in at No.74 and “Better Not” for Louis the Child with Wafia (former peak #93) at No.88, with two more tracks back into the chart “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart” (HP-50) for Backstreet Boys at No.96 and former No.1 for Sam Smith and “Too Good at Goodbyes” at No.98.
* The debut last week for Alessia Cara and “Growing Pains” is up this week six spots to a new peak of No.81.
* This time last year the Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee with Justin Bieber track “Despacito” was sitting atop most of the world’s and our charts, this week it is back up eight spots to No.85.
* The ‘Longest Charted Single’ is again “Say You Won’t Let Go” for James Arthur at 86 weeks, and it climbs back up one spot to No.99.
* There are three songs leaving the Top 10 this week, the first of which is the former No.1 for Ariana Grande and “No Tears Left to Cry” (HP-1×1, WI10-9), down six to No.11 due to her new single charting, while “I Said Hi” (HP-6×2, WI10-6) for Amy Shark falls four spots to No.13 and slumping twelve places to No.22 is the Khalid and Normani track “Love Lies” (HP-3, WI10-13), while Khalid replaced himself within the Top 10 with another track in “Lovely”.
* Drake dropped his new double album “Scorpion” on Friday, so expect his three entries from the album to rise next week, this week they have slight movements for “Nice for What” (15 to 16), “God’s Plan” (28 to 29) and “I’m Upset” (43 to 42).
* Kanye West is down from fourteen songs three weeks ago to now three entries within the Top 100; he has “All Mine” (13 to 17), “Yikes” (63 to 90) and the Kids See Ghosts track “Reborn” (64 to 94).
* Dropping Post Malone tracks are “Psycho” (18 to 21), “Rockstar” (stable at #40), “I Fall Apart” (46 to 49), “Ball for Me” (71 to 77) and “Candy Paint” (75 to 79).
* Last weeks highest new entry for Nicki Minaj with Ariana Grande and “Bed” drops back down seven places to No.24, plus the pair also score another debut this week too, but Ariana’s duet with Troye Sivan and “Dance to This” is also down, falling eight to No.47.
* Childish Gambino falls nine spots to No.31 with his former No.1 song “This is America”.
* The Weeknd slumps eleven places to No.35 with “Call Out My Name”.
* With a new Kygo track climbing the charts his older entry “Remind Me to Forget” drops fifteen places this week to land at No.36.
* Shawn Mendes drops down with “In My Blood” (32 to 39), “Youth” (45 to 70 and now Gold (●)) and “Nervous” (65 to 73).
* King Princess tumbles down fifteen places to No.45 with “Make My Bed” EP (featuring the song ‘1950’).
* The three Marshmello entries all move down this week in “Friends” with Anne-Marie (42 to 55), “Silence” with Khalid (77 to 78) and “Wolves” with Selena Gomez (96 to 97).
* Robinson’s debut entry “Nothing to Regret” is down five to No.62 and now ▲Platinum in sales.
* Both of the rises last week for promo visitor Calum Scott fall back down this week with “You Are the Reason” plummeting twenty-seven spots to No.64 and his re-entry for “Dancing on My Own” dropping thirty-one places to No.80.
* Four of last weeks debuts leave the chart this week in the “Square Up” (EP) by Blackpink (#61), The Voice 2018 winner Sam Perry and “Trust Myself” (#78), “Younger” by Ruel (#86) and the 5 Seconds of Summer entry “Valentine” (#92).
FURTHER NEW ENTRIES:
* #50 – Sober by Demi Loavto becomes the twelfth Top 50 single for the US singer and is joined on the charts with her new Top 10 entry “Solo” alongside Clean Bandits, and this is her first new solo material for the year.
* #53 – Apeshit by The Carters is taken from the surprise released collaboration albums between the Carters in Jay-Z and Beyonce from the set “Everything is Love” (TW-8), and the clip for the song was filmed in the Louvre in Paris and features plenty of famous artwork alongside the famous duo.
* #60 – The Light is Coming by Ariana Grande feat Nicki Minaj is the second entry from Ariana’s forthcoming fourth studio album “Sweetener” (due August 17th) after “No Tears Left to Cry” (HP-1, TW-11) and is one of four songs within the Top 100 for her this week and second alongside Nicki Minaj also.
* #92 – Only You by Cheat Codes x Little Mix is the sixth Top 100 entry for the US DJ’s and also the 17th entry for the British girl group Little Mix and their first entry for 2018. The song is supposedly appearing on the upcoming Ministry of Sound compilation “The Pool Party” (from the ‘Love Island’ TV series), but I couldn’t see it on any of the sites that listed the album and its tracks.
* #93 – I’m a Mess by Bebe Rexha is taken from her debut album “Expectations” which debuted at No.19 this week and this song is one of three Top 100 entries this week for her which includes “Meant to Be” (TW-46) and “Girls” alongside Rita Ora, Cardi B. and Charli XCX (TW-75), and overall this is her fourteenth Top 100 entry in Australia. The song also contains an interpolation of the Meredith Brooks 1997 track “Bitch”.
Gavin Ryan reports with thanks to Australian-Charts.com