Bastille’s first taste of ‘VS.’ comes in the form of new single ‘Torn Apart’, a collaboration with London producer Grades.
The video for ‘Torn Apart’ is directed by Keith Schofield (Duck Sauce ‘ The Big Bad Wolf) and it unfolds the complexities of emotions in a non-linear way. The video is full of fast pace movements and with a warped interpretation of what love is. You can view the video here .
The ‘VS’ mixtape (Other People’s Heartache Pt. III)’ is an eight-track offering that follows similar footsteps to their previous mixtapes, ‘Other People’s Heartache Pt.I’ and ‘Pt.II’ by melding together an array of genres, styles and production techniques, alongside some rather special collaborations.
‘With the mixtapes,’ offers frontman Dan Smith, ‘it’s about working with as many people as possible and having fun with people that we know and the friends we’ve made through touring.’ Take a look at the tracklisting and you’ll find larger-than-life stars like Haim, Angel Haze and Lizzo alongside the new and raw talents of MNEK, Rag’N’Bone Man, Rationale and Grades.
Having taken a year to put together, Smith describes it as ‘a patchwork of stuff that we’ve been working on and people we’ve been working with throughout 2014’.
1. Fall Into Your Arms (Bastille vs. The Gemma Sharples Quartet)
2. Bite Down (Bastille vs. HAIM)
3. bad_news (Bastille vs. MNEK)
4. The Driver
5. Axe To Grind (Bastille vs. Tyde vs. Rationale)
6. Torn Apart (Bastille vs. Grades)
7. Torn Apart Pt. II (Bastille vs. Grades vs. Lizzo)
8. Weapon (Bastille vs. Angel Haze vs. F*U*G*Z vs. Braque)
9. Remains (Bastille vs. Rag N Bone Man vs. Skunk Anansie)