New City and Colour Song ‘Astronaut’ has just gone live - Noise11.com
City And Colour, Noise11, Photo

City And Colour

New City and Colour Song ‘Astronaut’ has just gone live

by Paul Cashmere on June 3, 2019

Dallas Green’s new City and Colour song ‘Astronaut’ debuted today (3 June 2019).

‘Astronaut’ is Green’s first new music from City and Colour in four years. It will be included on the upcoming sixth album for City and Colour to be released on Dallas’ new label Still Records.

“I always think of the relationships in my life that have been fractured because I ended up doing what I do for a living,” says Green about the new song. “I’m always gone, wandering around and singing songs. However, it weighs on my family and friends. I’m asking for ‘one more year’. I left home at 21 to go play my guitar. It’s lonely, but it’s because I yearn to wander. I’m aware of how lucky I am.”

The last City and Colour album was ‘If I Should Go Before You’ in 2015. In 2014 Green released the album ‘Rose Ave’ as You+Me with Pink. In February 2019, his other band Alexisonfire released ‘Familiar Drugs’, their first song in 10 years.

Follow Noise11 on Twitter for news as it happens

For news as it happens follow Noise11 on Facebook

Comments

comments

R.E.M. Photo by Ros O'Gorman, noise11.com, music news
R.E.M.’s Very First Setlist From 5 April 1980

R.E.M. played their first show 40 years ago this week on 5 April 1980 at St. Mary’s Episcopal Church in Athens, Georgia.

Rob Thomas. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Watch Rob Thomas Perform Crowded House ‘Don’t Dream Its Over’ From Home

Rob Thomas has jumped on the couch, picked up a guitar and popped out a cover of the Crowded House classic 'Don't Dream Its Over'.

Sheryl Crow performs at Margaret Court Arena on Friday 6 April 2018. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Sheryl Crow Releases Bill Withers Cover of ‘Lonely Town Lonely Street’ With Citizen Cope

Sheryl Crow recorded and released a cover of Bill Withers ‘Lonely Town Lonely Street’ over the weekend with Citizen Cope.

Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance photo by Ros O'Gorman
Gerard Way Of My Chemical Romance Shares Unreleased Songs

Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance, who originally planned to release the songs as singles, has announced the news of the new tracks via a post on his Facebook page.

Leo Sayer photo by Ros OGorman
Leo Sayer Covers The Flamingoes 1959 Classic ‘I Only Have Eyes For You’

Leo Sayer has switched the home studio on to record a new version of the 1959 hit by The Flamingoes ‘I Only Have Eyes For You’.

Pink: Photo Ros O'Gorman, Noise11, Photo
Pink and Son Diagnosed With COVID-19

Pink and her three-year-old son, Jameson have tested positive to COVID-19.

Dave Gleeson of The Angels Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Dave Gleeson To Stream ‘Dave Gleeson In Front Of One Tree AgainThis Sunday

Dave Gleeson will turn his streaming performance ‘Dave Gleeson In Front Of One Tree’ into a mini-series (sort of) with Part 2 coming this Sunday (5 April).