Rod Stewart Wants The Faces To Play Glastonbury - Noise11.com
Rod Stewart, photo by Mary Boukouvalas Noise11

Rod Stewart by Mary Boukouvalas

Rod Stewart Wants The Faces To Play Glastonbury

by Music-News.com on October 8, 2015

in News

Rod Stewart is desperate for The Faces to be invited to play at Glastonbury festival.

The 70-year-old singer has called on the festival’s founder, Michael Eavis, to get in touch with the band – which recently reformed with remaining members Ronnie Wood and Kenney Jones, because it”s the one gig they never got to do.

Rod pleaded: “I just wish someone would phone us up from Glastonbury and ask us to do that. They have never done it. We would be up for it. There are only three of us standing now.”

The Stay With Me hitmakers tried to reform for a string of dates in 2010 and 2011 but chose to go with Simply Red”s Mick Hucknall on lead vocals instead of Rod and Ronnie previously blamed Rod”s management for the delay in making the full reunion happen.

The Ooh La La crooners, whose bassist Ronnie Lane passed away in 1997, were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2012 where they were set to reunite but Rod pulled out of the performance due to illness.

The rockers finally reunited last month, but Rod admitted it went by in a flash. He told BBC Radio London: “It is like sex sometimes. It goes by too fast.”

The Noise11 Faces interview

more from music-news.com

Comments

comments

Related Posts

Damon Albarn Melbourne 2014, photo ros ogorman
Glastonbury Festival Reveals (Australian) Set Times For Virtual 2021 Festival

The 2021 Glastonbury Festival will be virtual this year and Australia has a prime viewing time experience for the event.

May 13, 2021
Duran Duran in Austin Texas photo by Ros O'Gorman
BST Hyde Park Cancelled

BST Hyde Park 2021 has been cancelled.

March 31, 2021
Glastonbury 2013, music news, noise11.com
Glastonbury Festival cancelled for a second year

Organisers of the U.K.'s Glastonbury Festival have cancelled its 2021 edition due to the Covid-19 pandemic for the second year running.

January 22, 2021
Drummer Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac performs at ADOTG at Mt Duneed Winery on 7 November 2015. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Michael Eavis Plans A Covid Safe Glastonbury 2021

Michael Eavis is considering putting "massive testing arrangements" in place for the Glastonbury Festival next year.

October 23, 2020
Glastonbury 2013, music news, noise11.com
Glastonbury 2020 Cancelled

Britain's Glastonbury festival has been cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic.

March 19, 2020
Paul McCartney at AAMI Park Melbourne on Tuesday 5 December 2017. Photo by Ros O'Gorman
Glastonbury Announces Line-Up Despite Coronavirus Fears

Glastonbury is going ahead despite the global fear of Coronavirus.

March 13, 2020
Glastonbury 2013, music news, noise11.com
Glastonbury Festival Told To Lower Noise Levels

Glastonbury Festival must reduce its noise levels, according to a council report.

January 13, 2020