Queen of children’s entertainment Justine Clarke has been announced as the host of the Screen Music Awards when it returns to Melbourne in November.
“I’m thrilled to be hosting the 2019 Screen Music Awards to honour our Australian screen composers, the unsung stars of film and TV production. Sprinkling their magic fairy dust on our work, their extraordinary music is what brings a story or performance to life and connects us with our audience,” said Justine Clarke in a statement.
Also returning to the Screen Music Awards as Musical Director is Jessica Wells, who will lead a live orchestra and perform selection of works from the screen.
Nominees in the following categories for the 2019 SCREEN MUSIC AWARDS will be announced in mid-October.
2019 SCREEN MUSIC AWARDS CATEGORIES
• Best Music for an Advertisement
• Best Music for Children’s Television
• Best Music for a Documentary
• Best Music for a Mini-Series or Telemovie
• Best Music for a Short Film
• Best Music for a Television Series or Serial
• Best Television Theme
• Best Original Song Composed for the Screen
• Best Soundtrack Album
• Feature Film Score of the Year
• Most Performed Screen Composer – Australia*
• Most Performed Screen Composer – Overseas*
*Determined by statistical analysis
2019 SCREEN MUSIC AWARDS
Wednesday 20 November, 2019
Hosted by Justine Clarke
Musical Director Jessica Wells