Chis Cheney To Perform For Hoodoo Gurus At EG Awards - Noise11.com
The Living End. Photo by Ros O'Gorman.

The Living End. Photo by Ros O'Gorman.

Chis Cheney To Perform For Hoodoo Gurus At EG Awards

by Paul Cashmere on November 2, 2011

in Live,News

The Living End’s Chris Cheney will perform at EG Awards in Melbourne to honour The Hoodoo Gurus.

The Living End. Photo by Ros O'Gorman.

The Living End. Photo by Ros O'Gorman.

The Hoodoo Gurus will be inducted into the EG Hall of Fame at the 6th annual EG Awards.

‘‘It’s a massive honour, I remember it being a really fun night and that’s why I jumped at it this time,’’ Cheney says. ‘‘I’m a Gurus fan and What’s My Scene? was one of the very first songs I ever learned to play on guitar.’’

Chris will perform with the EG All-Stars featuring Pete Luscombe, Dan Luscombe, Ash Naylor and Bill McDonald.

The night will also include performances from Ron S peno, Kim Salmon, Brous, Jane Badler and Wood McDonald.

The EG Awards will be on Wednesday, November 23 at the Prince Bandroom in St Kilda.

Comments

comments

INXS Original Sin The Seven Sins
INXS ‘Original Sin – The Seven Sins’ Soundtrack Released

A soundtrack for ‘Original Sin – The Seven Sins’, featuring the music of INXS was released today.

Slim Dusty and Joy McKean Gone Fishin photo supplied by EMI Records
Slim Dusty ‘Gone Fishin’ For Father’s Day

A new Slim Dusty album ‘Gone Fishin’, featuring Slim’s songs about fishing, has been compiled in time for Father’s Day.

Australian Crawl Sirocco
Australian Crawl ‘Sirocco’ Turns 40

Australian Crawl’s second album ‘Sirocco’ has turned 40.

I Lost My Gig
Announcement: I Lost My Gig Reveals Losses to Music Industry Since 1 July

I Lost My Gig today revealed the findings of its second survey initiative, painting an alarming picture for the immediate future of Australian live performance and events due to the impacts of COVID-19.

Paul Dempsey of Something for Kate photo by Ros O'Gorman
Something For Kate’s Paul Dempsey On How Success Drove Him To A Nervous Breakdown

With Something For Kate about to perform shows around Australia to mark the 20th anniversary of ‘Echolalia, SFK founder Paul Dempsey recalls how the band’s success drove him to a nervous breakdown.

Kathrin Longhurst 'Kate'
Kate Ceberano Limited Edition Prints To Support Support Act

Limited edition prints of Katherin Longhurst’s Kate Ceberano painting have gone on sale with part proceeds going to Support Act.

Baker Boy at NIMAs 2019 photo by David Hancock
Announcement: NIMAs Postponed

COVID causing havoc across the country has forced the National Indigenous Music Awards (NIMAs), initially scheduled for August 7 at the Darwin Amphitheatre, to be postponed.